Carolina Crown 2015

So many performance over content scores and 6th in percussion? Need to really keep that GE lead.

That recap is ... pretty interesting.

Well, my point exactly lastly night when L. Carlson gave Cadets a 17.7 in guard 1.4 from top. Tonight Blue Knights beat Crown in percussion so we can at least agree it's opinions and some of them suck. Edited by Tobias

Well he was BKs arranger/caption head for 5 years. Gotta show some love for the home team I guess. (j/k -- im sure he's doing his best to give a good read) Everyone has seen wonky numbers the whole season. Not going to over-react to this one.

Edited by corpsband

Well he was BKs arranger/caption head for 5 years. Gotta show some love for the home team I guess. (j/k -- im sure he's doing his best to give a good read) Everyone has seen wonky numbers the whole season. Not going to over-react to this one.

BK beating them in drums might be a stretch, but Crown's score relative to the top scoring drumline is not that outrageous.

Oh, come on everybody, don't over-react. Crown's percussion is fine. I mean, why do they need to compete with the top battery lines? I mean, there are corps that would be thrilled to be in the top 6. Percussion is soo competitive. Crown even brought in new people this year and they have turned a corner in percussion, haven't they? With the new people the percussion has brought in, no one should expect a turn around in the section for three years or so. Consequently, no one should be concerned in the least, right?

Edited by Nachfolger Christi

Well, I've heard that they do a lot of cleaning at Dayton. Ugh. I'm terrible at making assumptions.

Not the kind of cleaning you think of when hosing down.

When they're here in Dayton, over the next few days, they will be set to setting every. single. set & subset. Fine tuning every note. Making sure every last detail is 100%. They will most likely not add, nor remove anything in the next two days.

I'll keep the thread updated through the week!

Oh, come on everybody, don't over-react. Crown's percussion is fine. I mean, why do they need to compete with the top battery lines? I mean, there are corps that would be thrilled to be in the top 6. Percussion is soo competitive. Crown even brought in new people this year and they have turned a corner in percussion, haven't they? With the new people the percussion has brought in, no one should expect a turn around in the section for three years or so. Consequently, no one should be concerned in the least, right?

I love Crowns percussion this year, however, when you're talking scant tenths of a point making the difference between 1st and 4th place, being out of the top 3 is dangerous territory

Edited by Fastone