Carolina Crown 2015

Pardon my French. But holy ####... They added something to the closer. The general effect score will likely see a boost from this.. It is really really cool!! Let me go ahead and post a little sneak peek for you all.

I didn't open your link, but if you posted something that the corps intended on using for Thursday, you were wrong for posting it.

• Like 2

I didn't open your link, but if you posted something that the corps intended on using for Thursday, you were wrong for posting it.

Also, Crown mentioned tonight at their last rehearsal, asking folks in attendance not to take videos and pictures and respect the openness of their rehearsal. They specifically asked everyone to respect their wishes and not to post anything in social media. It was also mentioned that with copyright and privacy, these sort of infringements could possibly cause rehearsals not to be open in the future.

Please everyone, respect and honor rehearsal sites for each of the corps. Enjoy the openness of their rehearsals, but please remember you are their guest.

• Like 5

This video has 278,000 views in roughly 52 hours. That's ~5,300 views an hour or 89 views a second. Is that even remotely possible?

Actually 89 views per minute. Quite possible, given the 4000+ shares and the fact that lots of us can't stop playing it. I've probably played it a couple of dozen times already.

• Like 1

Which is why I removed it. Don't have to act like that though. I already talked about it to them they said no harm no foul. It was removed.

• Like 1

awesome backfield video of the last minute of crown's show

that guard, that sound, that accelerando at the end, that timing.

https://www.facebook.com/john.denovi/videos/10153155932874958/

I love the image just a few seconds before the end of the giant gold banner floating toward the camera.

tumblr_ns24uknzsg1uyzgbao1_500.png

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op7of2uTwYU

I'm a brass guy and would consider myself very well versed in that area, percussion however not so much. Maybe I just don't really know what to listen for but I think these guys sound fantastic. After seeing all the shows live in Massillon (except for BD obviosly) I really thought Crown percussion sounded just as good as coats and SCV. The only time there was a noticable difference to me was the Cadets. Maybe the Cadets are just so much better that I actually noticed it. I really hope the percussion scores don't keep Crown from winning gold this year. Crown homer or not I personally believe they have the best show on the field this year. Go Crown!

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op7of2uTwYU

I'm a brass guy and would consider myself very well versed in that area, percussion however not so much. Maybe I just don't really know what to listen for but I think these guys sound fantastic. After seeing all the shows live in Massillon (except for BD obviosly) I really thought Crown percussion sounded just as good as coats and SCV. The only time there was a noticable difference to me was the Cadets. Maybe the Cadets are just so much better that I actually noticed it. I really hope the percussion scores don't keep Crown from winning gold this year. Crown homer or not I personally believe they have the best show on the field this year. Go Crown!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Like 1

Gonna play devils advocate...ish.

In crowns show, I can hear dutting before certain battery entrances. I don't hear that from BD, Cadets, SCV

...or crowns hornline/guard. I definitely don't know ANYTHING about percussion, but that dutting shouldn't be audible to the audience. It'd be like if you were watching a dance performance and heard, "5..6..5 6 7 8" before certain group entrances. It'd take away from the performance.

Is that maybe a reason they're scoring lower? Or is it techinque? I really, REALLY dunno... just my two cents.

Edited by Jeremy.