Carolina Crown 2015

Glad to see that not all the battery are Tom Aungst-tag-a-longs but some vets and returnees too. Rumor has one prominent Crown '14 snare marching BD this season. How is that for shaking up the DCP discussion? Happy new year to all.

Glad to see that not all the battery are Tom Aungst-tag-a-longs but some vets and returnees too. Rumor has one prominent Crown '14 snare marching BD this season. How is that for shaking up the DCP discussion? Happy new year to all.

Where members decide to march is their own personal business, I could care less. They're doing what they want, whatever their reasons, I respect that and wish them the best. Not really sure what you're trying to stir up here......I'm sure there's plenty of other feet to fill those shoes. And going off of a rumor? Hmm.

I have to say Crown has me the most intrigued about where they're going to go in 2015. I'm sure they're aware of what didn't work in 2014, what did work, what their weaknesses are, and what their strong suits are. I'm interested in seeing where they go. Will they try something new for them, go in a new direction design wise? Will they go back to what worked consistently from 2008 - 2012? Who knows. I'm excited to see what 2015 has in store. Something between? I'm excited to see, even last year I thoroughly enjoyed, they haven't put out a show I didn't immensely enjoy since 2002. I have a sense of wonder about where they will take us next year, I bet it's going to be very good.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

Crown has placed in the top 4 every year since 2008 with last year being the exception. Arguably their percussion will be stronger this season so I'm expecting good things from them. As far as individual members, you do get some that hop around to follow instructors. Crown has 2 snares from Cadets and Cadets had a few members from Crown last year. It happens.

Edited by Tobias

Where members decide to march is their own personal business, I could care less. They're doing what they want, whatever their reasons, I respect that and wish them the best. Not really sure what you're trying to stir up here......I'm sure there's plenty of other feet to fill those shoes. And going off of a rumor? Hmm.

I have to say Crown has me the most intrigued about where they're going to go in 2015. I'm sure they're aware of what didn't work in 2014, what did work, what their weaknesses are, and what their strong suits are. I'm interested in seeing where they go. Will they try something new for them, go in a new direction design wise? Will they go back to what worked consistently from 2008 - 2012? Who knows. I'm excited to see what 2015 has in store. Something between? I'm excited to see, even last year I thoroughly enjoyed, they haven't put out a show I didn't immensely enjoy since 2002. I have a sense of wonder about where they will take us next year, I bet it's going to be very good.

My hope: they simplify their drill like they did in 2013 yet maintain the powerful music they played from 07-12. 2013 and 2014 were really great musically but they definitely bit off more than they could chew last season.

• Like 1

I thought last year Crown really clicked at the end of the season but sometimes slotting takes over or maybe they should have been 5th. I think they will smarten the design this year and move up a slot or two.