Carolina Crown 2015

I'll predict that the final final ending will reprise the traditional CC crown which is now upside down much earlier in the show (marking the dimension of Hell) and then the corps will invert it so it is viewed in the usual upright position. The music will be the Ode to Joy portion of B9 and the crowd will go wild watching the Leon May transition from bottom to top.

You heard it here first!

Edited by xandandl

if you want a good laugh this has been going on for years now

https://www.facebook.com/CrownBass5

Where's the part where I'm supposed to start laughing? Good video of a bass drum player, but I'm missing the funny part>

Where's the part where I'm supposed to start laughing? Good video of a bass drum player, but I'm missing the funny part>

I was wondering the same thing. I think it's because Bass 5 has a dedicated page.

I don't believe the overall arc musically works.

Having only seen the Akron youtube video, I agree.

Further, aside from Crown's incredible ballad, I liked Regiment's 2006 rep better for a show that had a similar feel to it. Plus, I'm not as pleased with the brass arrangements as I have for the last decade (again, aside from the ballad - great at setting the mood).

I look forward to how it shapes up.

Having only seen the Akron youtube video, I agree.

Further, aside from Crown's incredible ballad, I liked Regiment's 2006 rep better for a show that had a similar feel to it. Plus, I'm not as pleased with the brass arrangements as I have for the last decade (again, aside from the ballad - great at setting the mood).

I look forward to how it shapes up.

I think all the way through the ballad, this show is really solid. Like Phantom Regiment 2006 solid. It just loses me after that. But again Crown does a pretty good job of adding sparkle to their shows when it's needed. Take last year for example. Right before the drum break, the corps was spread out along the back trading notes and originally, Crown just let it fade into space. But mid season they add the Jupiter tag at the end of it and BAM it went from "meh" to one of the best moments in that show.

I'm hoping Crown's staff will exhibit those strokes of brilliance again in the parts of this show that fall a little flat.

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

I think all the way through the ballad, this show is really solid. Like Phantom Regiment 2006 solid. It just loses me after that. But again Crown does a pretty good job of adding sparkle to their shows when it's needed. Take last year for example. Right before the drum break, the corps was spread out along the back trading notes and originally, Crown just let it fade into space. But mid season they add the Jupiter tag at the end of it and BAM it went from "meh" to one of the best moments in that show.

I'm hoping Crown's staff will exhibit those strokes of brilliance again in the parts of this show that fall a little flat.

That's a great point.............seeing their show at Allentown or whenever all those additions went in it instantly clicked and I loved the show. It had that magic that was missing the rest of the season. 2013s ending did that as well, pushed it over the edge. I think anyone who counts this show out and puts it in 5th has the chance to be shocked late season. If they make changes that work, with their talent this year, they're going to be a monster surging in August.

One thing I'm not huge on is the amount of body movement, it just seems extremely excessive this year. It's not bad, stuff, but it's happening almost all the time, I went back and watched before I typed that. Can't go more than a minute without it, not talking about the visual ripples and stuff like that.

Anyone think they have a shot at high guard? They seem extremely good this year.

Edited by DrumManTx

I think they will place 3rd in guard. BD will get a perfect 20. Then scv then crown then Bloo.

Scv's guard is a little more creative and adds more to the show. Crown's is very typical Crown (ie very good with lots of sequential weapon tosses) but not as creative as Vangard. Imo

Edited by DCI-86