Carolina Crown 2015

I would say they are front runner for guard and brass right now. Drums might even break top three, and along with some GE bumps that would be enough to put them into medals easily.

Edited by defeldus

I think they will place 3rd in guard. BD will get a perfect 20. Then scv then crown then Bloo.

Scv's guard is a little more creative and adds more to the show. Crown's is very typical Crown (ie very good with lots of sequential weapon tosses) but not as creative as Vangard. Imo

BD's guard will probably get first, just for the style judges like currently. Doesn't take anything away from them though. I saw SCV's opener, granted a bad view, and not that impressed but they looked about the same as last year. I'll reserve judgement (not that it matters) when I see the show in full.

I think all the way through the ballad, this show is really solid. Like Phantom Regiment 2006 solid. It just loses me after that. But again Crown does a pretty good job of adding sparkle to their shows when it's needed. Take last year for example. Right before the drum break, the corps was spread out along the back trading notes and originally, Crown just let it fade into space. But mid season they add the Jupiter tag at the end of it and BAM it went from "meh" to one of the best moments in that show.

I'm hoping Crown's staff will exhibit those strokes of brilliance again in the parts of this show that fall a little flat.

Dies Irae is good too, but it's not as good as I was hoping for. Actually, I like Chuck Naffier's treatment of it for the 99 Colts.

Back to Regiment 2006, the Mahler closer was a brilliant choice. I'm not sure I'll feel that way about the Beethoven, even if the arrangement changes.

Dies Irae is good too, but it's not as good as I was hoping for. Actually, I like Chuck Naffier's treatment of it for the 99 Colts.

Back to Regiment 2006, the Mahler closer was a brilliant choice. I'm not sure I'll feel that way about the Beethoven, even if the arrangement changes.

WHAT. The Dies Irae section is easily my favorite section of this show :)

I'm not sure Crown has the difficulty to win this year and the end of the show is a complete letdown, brass is spectacular as usual. I love the show until the end, seems like they either ran out of time or ideas...I don't know.

I'm not sure Crown has the difficulty to win this year and the end of the show is a complete letdown, brass is spectacular as usual. I love the show until the end, seems like they either ran out of time or ideas...I don't know.

How many corps keep their original closer from opening day to finals?

Don't pay attention to this post. This poster is a Bluecoats alum who on the Bluecoat thread praised the Bluecoat show to high heaven while trashing Crown and Cadets. Major homer with no credibility.