Carolina Crown 2015

Did they extend the chord after the opening banner is pulled over them? I felt an "oh yeah" there from past performances or is it that they are just performing better?

Did they extend the chord after the opening banner is pulled over them? I felt an "oh yeah" there from past performances or is it that they are just performing better?

It seemed extended last night

I hate to hate but I agree with some others, the changes to Dies Irae suck all the life out of the ending of that production

I think my main issue is the way it cuts off the flow of the music. It doesn't really make much sense to have a big hit that's cut off by a bunch of runs.. And then again delaying the final chord for some pointless body movement. The momentum is lost just to accumulate some GE and difficulty points. I wouldn't mind the changes as long as they find a way to just continue building momentum to the last moment rather than just letting it die over and over.

• Like 1

This is probably my least favorite Crown show ever. Dont care for it at all.

• Like 1

I strongly believe that Crown should be winning the guard caption. The demand on the members is incredible - and they're performance level is one of the strongest I've seen from them. The opening flag work and just the overall weapon line is ridiculous !

Really hope they can pull off best guard at DCI this year - to me - this is the complete package this year guard wise.

Later,

Mike

I didn't read all 1600 posts, but has anyone but me noticed there is a horn solo where individual rifles do a toss exactly in time with each note from the soloist?

I'm not a guard person, but WOW! Very cool. :exclamation:

• Like 2

I noticed the black banner seemed to get caught a bit on the timpani I think and take longer to pull over the corps. Could the DM have noticed this and extended the chord on the fly to until the banner was clear?

Okay Crown design staff: You've got the #1 Brass, #1 Guard, and arguably the most improved percussion of the top corps this season. The MM are doing what they need to do, it's up to you help them close the gap.

On a positive note they've done a great job of that so far. As you point out, it's pretty clear there's not an execution problem holding them back. It's all on the design side.

I know two spots *I* want to "fix" :-)

• Like 2

On a positive note they've done a great job of that so far. As you point out, it's pretty clear there's not an execution problem holding them back. It's all on the design side.

I know two spots *I* want to "fix" :-)

I guess I'm not really analyzing Crown's show the way I normally do. I don't really see too many problems within their show. In fact, I LOVE it. I almost wanted to jump out of the stands when I saw them in Clifton.