Carolina Crown 2015

posted this in the DeKalb show thread yesterday, but didn't get any responses........thought I might try here instead?

"was at the show last night and have a Crown question......

When the "Abandon all Hope" banner pulled across the field at the end of the opener, one of the guard girls went down under the banner on the backside of the field, stayed under the tarp (you could see her moving occasionally) for the ENTIRE show........re-emerged AFTER the final chord and then walked off the field.

Anyone see as well or have an explanation?

Is this some new "punishment" for someone breaking corps rules? Sentenced to a night of purgatory under a hot black tarp through the entire show???

:)

Anyone???

It happened again today, and she just covered herself with the banner on the back sideline. Maybe she's an alternate?

Perhaps an added effect to come? A tortured soul trapped in darkness? Could be any number of explanations, that may or may not come to light, as the season progresses.

Okay Crown design staff: You've got the #1 Brass, #1 Guard, and arguably the most improved percussion of the top corps this season. The MM are doing what they need to do, it's up to you help them close the gap.

The only problem with your theory is they are NOT #1 in brass and haven't been since 2013. They git beat by in brass by BD last year and are getting beat this year by either BD or Cadets.

• Like 1

The only problem with your theory is they are NOT #1 in brass and haven't been since 2013. They git beat by in brass by BD last year and are getting beat this year by either BD or Cadets.

They beat both of those corps in brass yesterday...

Edited by JoshClements403

They were first Sunday and only 1/10 off the mark tonight. On any given night, the brass can beat them all. That is fact. Also, do you really thnk that Bluecoats guard is better than Crown's? According to tonight's recap, they were. HOWEVER, I'll take the volume of work. Doing so, Crown's brass has CONSISTENLY been contenders for the Ott. The guard is consistenly a top performer. The percussion this year is amazingly improved. No matter how you slice it, there's enough there to mold this corps into another gold medal winner.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 3

So excited I'll see them tomorrow in Bentonville...just wondering.....should I bring some sort of heat protection? :cool:

So excited I'll see them tomorrow in Bentonville...just wondering.....should I bring some sort of heat protection? :cool:

Well yeah of course. It IS summer. Oh wait....