Carolina Crown 2015

Is the section from Beethoven's Ninth Symphony that Crown plays after the Giazotto/Albinoni "Adagio" but before the melody that most people think of as "Ode to Joy" also considered to be part of the "Ode to Joy"? When people complain about the "Ode to Joy" not fitting as currently used in Crown's show, do they mean that section also?

(I've been trying to find that passage in Beethoven's ninth by listening to Youtube performances while browsing online editions of the score. It appears to come from roughly halfway through the fourth movement, after the initial singing of the "Ode to Joy"--albeit played more slowly by orchestras than Crown is going.)

This is why they are falling just a little short of the Cadets.

You mean, this is all just because Beethoven died too soon? If he had just stuck around long enough to write eleven symphonies, Crown could have used the 11th and pulled ahead by a nose???

Just an interesting bit of information: Crown is 1 of only 3 corps (the others being Pioneer and Phantom) to not use props this year (unless you consider the banner a prop)

I don't recall seeing any props in Spirit's show either.

Abandon all hope gives me chills. Love this show! Gonna yell LIGHT US UP CROWN!

I think that's one of the best effects I've seen in drum corps.

Edited by 2000Cadet