Carolina Crown 2015

Crown seems pretty #### clean to me............I think that's why they're winning or close right now. They're performing and selling their show the best.

visually feet are not. drill is not. guard is.

musically. not clean yet in any section.

When they're here in Dayton, I'll scope the hell out of em. They do a LOT of cleaning then.

Talking clean in relativity to their competitors and time in the season, as well as overall as a corps. And I'm not saying that they'll peak, it's getting time for the achievement to match the content, but they're consistently scoring VERY high in their performance and achievement in relation to their content/repertoire sub captions.

Last three competitions:

Average Content/Achievement Placement for the current top 3:

Tennessee:

Blue Devils - 2/2

Carolina Crown - 2.625/2.125

The Cadets - 2.625/3

Close 2nd in average performance and achievement. Tied lowest for average content.

Atlanta:

Carolina Crown - 3.375/2.18

Blue Devils - 2.18/2.27

The Cadets - 2.45/2.72

Highest average in performance and achievement. Lowest average in content.

Night Beat:

Blue Devils - 2.375/1.875

Carolina Crown - 2.625/2.125

The Cadets - 2/3.125

2nd highest average in performance and achievement. Lowest average in content.

BEFORE I GET ATTACKED AND MAULED.

The gaps are not huge. Some of those content/achievement numbers are consistent in certain captions and subcatpions, some are not. Right now is about when you need to start maxing out your show. In Tennessee they matched or performed higher than their content (notice I didn't use the word outperformed) in 6/8 captions. In Atlanta it was 9/11 captions. At NightBeat it was all 8 captions. They are performing, overall across three big nights of head to head competition very well. 3 nights in a row against the other contenders, it's consistent. I do think the other two have more cleaning to do. But at this point, is that a good thing? Can Cadets clean that absolute animal of a show in order to overtake Blue Devils who, to a lesser extent, the same kind of numbers. We shall see. Visual Analysis, Music Analysis, and what I am assuming is the visually emphasized GE caption, are the 3 that are sitting back a little bit.

Just looking at some consistent numbers. That's all. Take them as you will. Love the show this year, new ending pushed it over the edge for me. Serious contender. It ain't over yet. They're clean overall. Everyone has more polishing to do. All I'm saying.

Edited by DrumManTx

I agree that Crown has a good amount of space to clean and grow over the next few weeks

Cadets do as well

Bluecoats & SCV as well

It will come down to who turns the better execution into not only higher achievement scores but also elevated GE

Just looking at some consistent numbers. That's all. Take them as you will. Love the show this year, new ending pushed it over the edge for me. Serious contender. It ain't over yet. They're clean overall. All I'm saying.

I've found that every single person who's done this "analysis" on recaps this season should have learned by now not rely on them.

It's a WEIRD season. This is obvious when very early shows starting having subcaption ties.

It took a LONG time for Crown to reach a level of excellence high enough for judges to acknowledge content.

I've found that every single person who's done this "analysis" on recaps this season should have learned by now not rely on them.

It's a WEIRD season. This is obvious when very early shows starting having subcaption ties.

It took a LONG time for Crown to reach a level of excellence high enough for judges to acknowledge content.

Agreed on the first point, personally was thinking Bluecoats would be back on top this week based on their content from last week. Definitely not the case.

But if one thing has been consistent, it's that Crown has been performing at a relatively high level all to their competitors season long, if you go back and look at recaps all season from day one, it's hard not to acknowledge that. Content has been getting a big bump in the past week and a half, which is why I'd say they've suddenly shot up. IMO.........best corps Crown has ever fielded.

Yup I've given up on recap analysis to predict the future. Each GE judge seems to have a mind of his/her own and sometimes vary wildly from night to night in terms of opinion on a corps' design. Not that I'm complaining, it's made for some interesting score lines

• Like 1

Yup I've given up on recap analysis to predict the future. Each GE judge seems to have a mind of his/her own and sometimes vary wildly from night to night in terms of opinion on a corps' design. Not that I'm complaining, it's made for some interesting score lines

That's the one I gave up on after last week. I think the performance and achievement are for the most part pretty accurate night to night and consistent. Content has been all over the map.

I feel like they lose something (momentum/GE - whatever one calls it) while they wait for the first large banner to completely pass and flow to the ground backfield...

a lot of "dead time" there...

Not really, guard is throwing it down then.