Carolina Crown 2015

This video has 278,000 views in roughly 52 hours. That's ~5,300 views an hour or 89 views a second. Is that even remotely possible?

Edit: In 5 minutes it's gone up over 500....wha?

It's been an hour and it has gone up by ~7,000 views. That's crazy.

It's been an hour and it has gone up by ~7,000 views. That's crazy.

I have an explanation for this, since it's been in the news lately. Facebook auto-plays videos that show up on your timeline, and the count a view as 3 seconds of video playback. Therefor, anybody's timeline that it shows up on, in anyway, will likely count as a view.

• Like 3

If crown gets guard and brass I think they can take gold.

I'm hoping like hell. Might be heading out to Avon Thursday to see them, then I'm in Lucas Oil Fri and Sat. Can't wait.

• Like 1

I have an explanation for this, since it's been in the news lately. Facebook auto-plays videos that show up on your timeline, and the count a view as 3 seconds of video playback. Therefor, anybody's timeline that it shows up on, in anyway, will likely count as a view.

That sounds completely reasonable. Otherwise, I may have to declare shenanigans.

@ channel3

No I'm not referring to the pacing. I'm referring to conversation which requires subtlety. Pauses are not enough.

The two shows you mention are about 3 weeks from subtle. Neither interacts with their audience and both are simply over propped and under crafted.

Crowns show has masterful subtleties without 8 sets of speakers and without a truckload of props.

• Like 1

@ channel3

No I'm not referring to the pacing. I'm referring to conversation which requires subtlety. Pauses are not enough.

The two shows you mention are about 3 weeks from subtle. Neither interacts with their audience and both are simply over propped and under crafted.

Crowns show has masterful subtleties without 8 sets of speakers and without a truckload of props.

We get Crown's show is fantastic. No need trying to boost their show by minimizing the others. Calm down.

• Like 7

I have to pile on about Crown's guard, too. That backside video is really fun to watch. Their guard has been a joy to watch for the past several years. Really can't take my eyes of the guardwork when Crown performs. Felt same way last year.

I have to pile on about Crown's guard, too. That backside video is really fun to watch. Their guard has been a joy to watch for the past several years. Really can't take my eyes of the guardwork when Crown performs. Felt same way last year.

It's incredible how guards are able to keep in time and spin as quickly as they do with the sound delay.

It's incredible how guards are able to keep in time and spin as quickly as they do with the sound delay.

The precision of the unison moves is the amazing thing. The flag angles and the tosses are all perfectly together. Keeping in time with the complication of sound delay is relatively easy for visual work since all the burden with sound travel are on the musicians. The guard can just keep in time with the drum majors' hands.

My question on technique would be if the backfield musicians are supposed to play to the top of the beat to ensure that the ensemble is together, what do they do with their feet? It's drilled into them to keep time with the feet, but would it not look like visual phasing/tearing? Maybe visually, that's harder to detect from the stands than musically.