Carolina Crown 2015

Gonna play devils advocate...ish.

In crowns show, I can hear dutting before certain battery entrances. I don't hear that from BD, Cadets, SCV

...or crowns hornline/guard. I definitely don't know ANYTHING about percussion, but that dutting shouldn't be audible to the audience. It'd be like if you were watching a dance performance and heard, "5..6..5 6 7 8" before certain group entrances. It'd take away from the performance.

Is that maybe a reason they're scoring lower? Or is it techinque? I really, REALLY dunno... just my two cents.

No, every group does it. At times during the show, it's actually getting yelled just so the whole line can hear. Not something that judges knock for unless maybe you're dutting and still mess up the entrance.

• Like 1

Dutting should not be audible to the audience. Over the last 2-3 years, it really has become a negative for a good majority of "up-top" judges in both DCI and WGI.

It's definitely mentioned as a negative on the tape (again, just non-field level judges).

It's fine at the field level and hornlines sometimes do it as well to lock in foot timing, but as soon as it's audible in the production, it's too loud.

It's same with color guards counting out loud.

• Like 1

This morning I FINALLY watched the 2015 Crown show and all I can say is .... wow. I'm a Vanguard homer and have been following Cadets all summer and really like what Bluecoats are doing ... but this IS the show of 2015. So beautiful. I do hope they win it all Saturday.

• Like 2

Crown's always good. I really liked last year. I never really understood all the inherent "design issues". Still can't believe that was 5th.

• Like 1

No, every group does it. At times during the show, it's actually getting yelled just so the whole line can hear. Not something that judges knock for unless maybe you're dutting and still mess up the entrance.

I know... I marched. I'm saying that during a performance, the audience shouldn't hear it.

so sad... I ordered the Inferno shirt last week and it still hasn't arrived in the mail :(

Just picked up my Inferno shirt at the souvenir booth at Lucas Oil. They are selling pretty well! Sorry you didn't get yours yet!

People are patting me on the back and telling me Go Crown because I'm wearing the shirt. The vibe is amazing!

Edited by Corps_Efan
  • Like 1