Carolina Crown 2015

They brought the house down in the theater, people were standing and yelling. Still, I didn't think it was their best effort, I heard a few issues with the brass, maybe a bit nervous. I'm sure they will fix that for tomorrow.

Yeah, I reckon that'll be a little different tomorrow!

They were the only corps to get a standing ovation in my theater...They were awesome, but seemed a tiny bit off. Caught a couple of guard mishaps that I haven't noticed on any other viewing, so I'm attributing that to nerves. I kind of thought the front ensemble was a bit too loud, though I would say that about all the corps. I still think they have an excellent shot at taking the title...the GE points were very encouraging, same with brass and guard. I think they'll at least take the brass caption back this year, and wouldn't be surprised if they got the guard and GE as well. But seeing as they're averaged over the three nights it's not really set in stone. They just can't let up, and I don't think they will...they know that after tonight the three corps placed below them are going to be working just as hard to take that top spot, seeing as they're so close and one little mistake could mean the difference between 1 and 4. But, I have a feeling that Crown will pull it off. The crowd will definitely be willing them to win on Saturday, just like in 2013....of course, that's just imho

• Like 1

i'm still amazed by how this show this show has grown design-wise, and even more, performance-wise.

not just my favorite crown show ever, but i'd put it in my top 3 for the 2010s

wild about it, and i didn't think that would happen in june.

• Like 2

I find it funny and triumphant that when you look back at Crown's preview show on youtube, how many comments expressing that this show would most likely only place them in the 4th and 5th, and even a 8 placement at finals......to say they exceeded those comments are a gross understatement.....look how far they've come from placing 4th or 5th at the beginning of the season and now have an excellent shot at winning the title at finals Saturday..

• Like 3

I wish they would remove the tarps. They do nothing to show achievement, and hence detract from the overall effect for me. ALL of them, except for the sheer one in the middle of the show.

I think it would be much more effective to actually see them move into the drill sets. Especially the crown at the end.

Again, I just feel like the tarps are cheap tricks and they do nothing to show off the skill of the MM's. It was bad enough to have the black one at the beginning of the season. But now we have THREE? And there have been too many occasions where they have malfunctioned, including last night.

Ugh. If they are going to have these, at least they better make sure they work properly!

I wish they would remove the tarps. They do nothing to show achievement, and hence detract from the overall effect for me. ALL of them, except for the sheer one in the middle of the show.

I think it would be much more effective to actually see them move into the drill sets. Especially the crown at the end.

Again, I just feel like the tarps are cheap tricks and they do nothing to show off the skill of the MM's. It was bad enough to have the black one at the beginning of the season. But now we have THREE? And there have been too many occasions where they have malfunctioned, including last night.

Ugh. If they are going to have these, at least they better make sure they work properly!

What the Hell? (I capitalized it so its a pun and ok, right?)

What malfunction last night?

During the first banner the MM aren't moving in any orderly fashion.

You just sound miserable.

What the Hell? (I capitalized it so its a pun and ok, right?)

What malfunction last night?

During the first banner the MM aren't moving in any orderly fashion.

You just sound miserable.

I really appreciate you calling me miserable because I have an opinion that differs from yours. You might not have meant it that way, but that's the way it comes across.

Effective drill maneuvering at those moments would be much more interesting than watching a tarp being pulled by a few guard members. In my opinion.

As for last night, the gold tarp had two vertical folds, one on the left , and one on the right. It was clear that this happened because the people pulling the tarp on both ends were lagging too much behind the ones in the middle of the tarp.

Also, the smaller new white tarp at the end was somehow messed up in the top left corner. It was very obvious, and distracting.

Edited by Tommeee

I missed the issue with the gold, but they really struggled with the new white one at the end.