Carolina Crown 2015

I absolutely loved Crown's show this year. One of the guys I teach with at Caballeros is a Crown vet (13-14) and we were talking today about how we were both fine with which ever corps one...we loved them being 1-2, and while we obviously were rooting for our own teams, it really could go either way.

Crown's a classy bunch of folks, and while getting popped from behind at Finals sucks (ask any Devils alum), they'll use this as a character builder and reload for next year. These two corps (along with Cadets and now Bluecoats) are pushing each other like no corps have been pushed before...and we're all winners as a result.

The irony is that we BD alumni were prepared to gush all over Crown for a well deserved win...this was a total surprise for us. Crown and Devils are tight, and that's rubbed off on us as alumni for sure.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 6

Congrats on an amazing show this year. My favorite moment of 2015 will still be the crown reveal under the gold tarp. Super impressive.

Congrats on an amazing show this year. My favorite moment of 2015 will still be the crown reveal under the gold tarp. Super impressive.

I knew it was coming when I saw it, and was certain it would be really cheesy. It was, but man it was tasty cheese...the best kind.

• Like 1

I calculated crown's score if their percussion scored a perfect score and the rest of the caption scores remained the same. Here's what it looks like:

GE: 38.95

Visual: 28.95

Music:

Brass - 19.7

Analysis - 19.7

Percussion - 20.0*

Music Total: 29.7

Final Score: 97.6 ....and what would the final results look like?

1st - Blue Devils 97.650

2nd - Carolina Crown 97.600

It wasn't all the percussions' fault. Visual held them back too.

• Like 2

The irony is that we BD alumni were prepared to gush all over Crown for a well deserved win...this was a total surprise for us. Crown and Devils are tight, and that's rubbed off on us as alumni for sure.

Ah, so that friendship with Devils explains why they did a show about Hell? Too coincidental.

I calculated crown's score if their percussion scored a perfect score and the rest of the caption scores remained the same. Here's what it looks like:

GE: 38.95

Visual: 28.95

Music:

Brass - 19.7

Analysis - 19.7

Percussion - 20.0*

Music Total: 29.7

Final Score: 97.6 ....and what would the final results look like?

1st - Blue Devils 97.650

2nd - Carolina Crown 97.600

It wasn't all the percussions' fault. Visual held them back too.

Don't be fooled by the the captions. Tonight's judging was just plain bogus.

• Like 1

Congratulations on a great season, Crown, from this one proud alum. Keep you heads held high, you have so much to be proud of. You performed with class and emotion, and you captured the crowd, yet again. It's not all about the rings.

• Like 1