Carolina Crown 2015

So, what happened with the flugelhorn mic?

It didn't work, and they ran out of time.

I was watching the tech with the horn in his hands and thinking, OMG, X-men all over again.

I definitely missed the solo at the beginning and it totally changed the intro without it.

Jay Kennedy was absolutely right. If you live by the A&E, you gotta die by the A&E, too.

Lovely, powerful show, Crown. Nothing to be down-trodden about at all in that performance.

Awesome show! Awesome season! Awesome Corps!

Crown has risen to the top ranks of DCI and each year proves again and again it belongs at the top. I'm so proud of the members and this organization! You were a clear fan favorite!

Congrats on a fantastic season!!!

• Like 3

I calculated crown's score if their percussion scored a perfect score and the rest of the caption scores remained the same. Here's what it looks like:

GE: 38.95

Visual: 28.95

Music:

Brass - 19.7

Analysis - 19.7

Percussion - 20.0*

Music Total: 29.7

Final Score: 97.6 ....and what would the final results look like?

1st - Blue Devils 97.650

2nd - Carolina Crown 97.600

It wasn't all the percussions' fault. Visual held them back too.

This cannot be overstated. In my mind (and CC is my favorite org) this show was not at the level of 2013 and it was because of the visual design. Unbelievable talent, performance and story, but the drill design seemed to be a bunch of blobs, scatter and blocks. Too reliant on body movement. Having said that I still loved the show but I believe the final result was correct.

• Like 4

Don't be fooled by the the captions. Tonight's judging was just plain bogus.

I thought Crown was robbed tonight. Also think Cadets got dumped on. That was their most amazing performance of the season. Tonight's panel certain was pro-Blue. More importantly, you were magnificent these past few weeks and last night was the peak. I thank each one of you for that performance. It was breathtaking and that's coming from a Cadet honkX. Love you.. Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

I thought Crown was robbed tonight. Also think Cadets got dumped on. That was their most amazing performance of the season. Tonight's panel certain was pro-Blue.

Rolling my eyes so hard

• Like 6

Congratulations to Carolina Crown!!! Hold your heads high. That was a fabulous show that almost won Gold, and more importantly it thrilled thousands of fans. Your show was loved and in the end that's all that matters. :)

• Like 1

I calculated crown's score if their percussion scored a perfect score and the rest of the caption scores remained the same. Here's what it looks like:

GE: 38.95

Visual: 28.95

Music:

Brass - 19.7

Analysis - 19.7

Percussion - 20.0*

Music Total: 29.7

Final Score: 97.6 ....and what would the final results look like?

1st - Blue Devils 97.650

2nd - Carolina Crown 97.600

It wasn't all the percussions' fault. Visual held them back too.

The GE 1 caption judges had them in third too. That was a blow to their victory that seemed a little off. We know their percussion is an issue but surprised two judges had them third for GE.