Carolina Crown 2015

I think there is an aspect that has not been mentioned yet, and that is the depth of the show theme itself. There was lots of speculation of how Crown would handle Dante's "Inferno" some referred to it as dark, but it's more sublime than dark. It also sounded like SCV's 2011 "The Devil's Staircase." But for "Inferno" Hell is the setting, not the subject. The story is really about the people who are found there, how they got there in the first place, their regrets, and their denial. Crown's show portrayed that very well. So many small details demonstrated this, especially the guy who tried to escape and was dragged back in. The minor key Beethoven, Verdi with a vengeance, all added well to the theme. It was probably the most difficult theme to portray this year and it was done well. If have s feeling this show will be talked about for years to come.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 3

Some of you BD homers are classy people. Thanks for being humble winners :D

• Like 3

Go Crown! May the Inferno burn in your passions and let there be no doubt who is #1 next season. This year you won the fans. Next year it will be the folks in the green shirts that wore blinders and ear plugs at finals. Attack this off season like none other. This is what your fans will ask you to deliver.

• Like 1

I congratulated a number of BD parents and fans after the show by the busses picking up kids. They were ALL very gracious winners and all expressed their enjoyment of Crown's show.

I certainly can't speak for all alumni, but most of us are huge Crown fans too (through we'll still take every opportunity to rib Crown brass staffer and Devils alumnus Larry Shane).

Just rewatched Crown's final run. WOW _ the guard was amazing. I know they didn't "win" their caption but it was a fantastic guard. Absolutely a stunner

I also think the "gap" between BD/Crown and the next group of guards should have been much larger. In several respects that were on another level entirely

Congrats & compliments!

• Like 3

At the beginning of the season I didn't think Crown had a chance with the show they had to start, best show of the night, stunning horns and guard, congrats on a great season.

And some of you Crown fans are very classy. For the SoCal tour in 2013, Crown was housing at Vista Murrieta High School in Murrieta Ca two miles from where i live. My son's little league football team who practices at the high school was practicing at the same time Crown was doing their evening rehearsals. Some of the parents from the football team was curious as to who Crown was what they was doing. Crown fans took the time to explain to them who they was and they should come to the Walnut and Riverside shows that weekend. Being a BD honk i was in observation mode and came away very impressed. At the shows that weekend the Crown fans was so classy as the winners and was congratulating BD fans on a great show. My respect level for Crown went thru the roof. Congrats on a spectacular 2015 season Crown.

• Like 1

This cannot be overstated. In my mind (and CC is my favorite org) this show was not at the level of 2013 and it was because of the visual design. Unbelievable talent, performance and story, but the drill design seemed to be a bunch of blobs, scatter and blocks. Too reliant on body movement. Having said that I still loved the show but I believe the final result was correct.

I agree word for word. Next year I hope for a honed-in version of their 2012 drill.

teehee

You sir, are a very small man.

• Like 3