News from Solaris Performing Arts, Inc.

Hmm, sorry to see Sun Devils go, but knew something was up with the many changes in directorship personnel.

Now Mineola (Minny-oh-lah), NY used to be home of The Sunrisers in their DCA pinnacle days.

Mineola (Mine-o-ler) is the road that rings Cincinnati Traditions' International airport (that it is in Kentucky across the river is a whole other thing to fake out most GPS contraptions.)

How are we to pronounce Minneola, Florida o dear Solaris??? Your DCA/DCI announcers await the solution to this dilemma.

One of the homes, at least.

We spent a lot of time rehearsing at locations in Hempstead in the late 1970s-early 1980s. Hofstra and Nassau Community College, mostly.

With some stops in the aforementioned Mineola. :tongue:

Greetings from "Mini-oh-la", Florida! To clarify, we are NOT the Sun Devils. Solaris was formed by the founders of SD along with the same admin and creative staff that brought you SD for the last 2 years. We are no longer affiliated with the Sun Devils. If you have any questions, I am sure someone from their Board of Directors will be able to chime in as to the future of SD in DCA or DCI. Without going into a long dissertation on the exodus to Solaris; I will say that the family and team are all still together! Because we are essentially starting over, we have to pump the brakes, assess where we are, develop a multi-phasic plan, then implement said plan.

We are very excited to try something new. This year, Solaris plans on debuting as a Soundsport/mini corps group. If the timing is correct, we will also dive into WGI winds. 2016 is our target to enter the field of competition on the DCA level. Once again, the same team from SD will be involved in that transition as well.

As of right now, we are based out of the Orlando area. Minneola is 30 minutes west of Orlando. We have great flexibility in locations since we are not fielding a DCA corps this year. This is why I am being loose on where we are from. We are from everywhere in the state.

PM me if you have any questions.

I have been doing the DCA thing for quite a while now. This is a good move. Florida now has the following corps:

Solaris

Heat Wave

Impact

Florida Brass

Sun Devils

Plus a myriad of WGI winds groups. Looks to me like it is win win win all over the place.

Have fun at rules congress!

• Like 1

To clarify, we are NOT the Sun Devils. Solaris was formed by the founders of SD along with the same admin and creative staff that brought you SD for the last 2 years. We are no longer affiliated with the Sun Devils. If you have any questions, I am sure someone from their Board of Directors will be able to chime in as to the future of SD in DCA or DCI.

Florida now has the following corps:

Solaris

Heat Wave

Impact

Florida Brass

Sun Devils

Plus a myriad of WGI winds groups. Looks to me like it is win win win all over the place.

Given that attempts to access "www.sundevilsdrumcorps.org" automatically redirect to "www.solarisdrumcorps.org", I imagine you can understand the confusion. I would think, if the Sun Devils do continue to exist, that they're going to require that you stop doing that.

In any case, good luck to you.

Same problem here I tried bringing up Sun Devils from the list of corps on the DCA site ,Ended up with Solaris .Looks like you kidnapped the web site .LOL

There just seems to be more of a story here that's not wanting to be told.

• Like 5

Sun Devils are still around, although not with all the same people. Due to the beginnings of Solaris, there are now 2 corps. Kind of like when Alliance started with some folks from CV. The website issue is supposed to be rectified soon from what I heard. This could ultimately be better for Florida drum corps. More performance opportunities within the state of Florida for all corps and performance groups. Kind of like when we had Teal, Magic, Kiwannis, Heat Wave.... Their could be 2 or 3 performances in Florida a summer.

Best of luck to all involved....

Innovation is always a good thing but I'm really hoping for an answer to a question that I know people are burning to know:

Now that they're engaged will the drum majors from SD be forced to conduct different corps???? :satisfied:

• Like 2