Rules Congress

Or, people could just accept that the activity changes over time, put their big-boy pants on and deal with it.

Oh I'm dealing with it just fine. I did not watch one single DCI video once DCI went band wacky with trombones and concert instruments.

This year I did not watch one single DCA corps that was electronically enhanced in the pit. NOT ONE!

Big boy pants on and secure thank you very much.

Edited by camel lips
  • Like 3

Both of those changes are absolutely outstanding. I can't wait to see what the top corps do with electronics, and it's about time the drum judge got to view the entire percussion ensemble as a whole.

Should have voted in all brass and woodwinds while you were at it. The assimilation is almost complete.

• Like 1

Oh I'm dealing with it just fine. I did not watch one single DCI video once DCI went band wacky with trombones and concert instruments.

This year I did not watch one single DCA corps that was electronically enhanced in the pit. NOT ONE!

So you didn't watch jack #### this year. Got it.

So you didn't watch jack #### this year. Got it.

I watched the ones that matter. You got that? :)

It is scary to add electronics to DCA, brings up all sorts of issues, including the additional expense to field a corps.

But I think the entertainment value of drum corps needs to evolve with the times, or big-time competitive drum corps could eventually end.

• Like 2

Or, people could just accept that the activity changes over time, put their big-boy pants on and deal with it.

I've gotten used to 'lectronics and what not and there were actually plenty of DCI shows that I enjoyed last year. And if I was more interested in DCA, I'd probably be ok with it there as well if I still found the shows to be entertaining. I wrote what I did because I remember how a lot of posters went bat#### crazy when it first happened and turned this site into the drum corps equivalent of a Fox News comment thread. And lo and behold, we're starting to see the exact same kind of thing happening again in this thread.

The assimilation is almost complete.

and for the future of DCA, I have no issues with it.

The future of DCA is the kids, who see and use this stuff in their band world, and in DCI. The future of DCA is not the 60 year old in the stands rumbing about rules changes. While I'm not opposed to the change, my hope is DCA judging will let bad design and performance aka balance be noted with an appropriate score, unlike other places. But bringing into the game stuff used everywhere else BUT DCA, is smart.

For those of you who want old time drum corps, go to the alumni show. it could use your help as it's not drawing large crowds now

• Like 1

In DCI, electronics led to four-plus years of heavy bass goo, which corps only began to rein in during 2013 and 2014. Amplified voice gave us such abominations as Crown's "Looooove" poem in 2004 and BD's "Yowza" narrator in 2005. But better that than sampling, where a focal point of the performance isn't even delivered live or by a corps member. In the case of Cadets this summer, the sheer fact that prerecorded sounds are permitted left half the audience incorrectly assuming the speaker was just lip-syncing.

So... please learn from DCI's mistakes, DCA.

quick question:

last year was the first year DCA had amps. There was much gnashing of teeth and cuddling roasry beads by some.

How much did pit balance affect anyone in DCA last summer?

In the 2 shows I went to there were 0 issues....better than the 2 days of DCI I saw at Allentown a week before DCI finals

yet if you went to a show, they got yout money anyway.

best part is who proposed it. Not Hopkins like many think, or even Bucs.