Vanguard 2015

Probably not this year, no. 26 isn't a significant number. Plus, it seems kind of lazy IMO to do throwback shows in back to back seasons.

Probably not this year, no. 26 isn't a significant number. Plus, it seems kind of lazy IMO to do throwback shows in back to back seasons.

What, so every other season? Fiedler and company are on the fast road to make SCV irrelevant. Well, MORE irrelevant...

I don't think it's a bad idea. Last year would have been a good time to do it, on the 25th anniversary, but Scheherazade was great. Also, what's making SCV irrelevant? High drums? They're on a fast track for another championship in my opinion.

Edited by AlexLeeDrums

2015 will be 26 years since they've played Phantom of the Opera. Do you think they'll do another throwback show this year? What are your thoughts?

I hope not. I would like to see them doing something that hasn't been played before. The last year they performed a completely new program was 2011 (new program as in using pieces of music that they and others hadn't performed before).

I really enjoyed them that year. . I also loved their Bartok show.

I don't think it's a bad idea. Last year would have been a good time to do it, on the 25th anniversary, but Scheherazade was great. Also, what's making SCV irrelevant? High drums? They're on a fast track for another championship in my opinion.

Yes but rehashing a legendary show is not what anyone needs

• Like 3

Yes but rehashing a legendary show is not what anyone needs

Please make sure not to generalize your opinion to everyone else.

I'd personally love a phantom of the opera remake.

What, so every other season? Fiedler and company are on the fast road to make SCV irrelevant. Well, MORE irrelevant...

I know several corps who would love to be "irrelevant" in 4th place! (Crossmen, Blue Knights, Pioneer, Jersey, Surf, Madarins, Blue Stars, Boston, etc, etc, etc,)

Edited by ibexpercussion
  • Like 3