Vanguard 2015

Whatever they choose the drill will be so close intervaled in the brass that they won't be able to clean it and we'll get to watch collisions for the first 3 weeks of the season. Just like every year since Weber got there.

..and it will be a prettier and a flashier design than every other corps on the field that year.

Got it. You don't like Weber. You may have your criticism about that, but their drill was more interesting and IS more interesting than pretty much all the rest.

I think I'd pick that over "drill that doesn't really need to be clean because it's not drill" or "visual with drill snippets" any day.

• Like 3

Whatever they choose the drill will be so close intervaled in the brass that they won't be able to clean it and we'll get to watch collisions for the first 3 weeks of the season. Just like every year since Weber got there.

I think the intervals are often too close lately however I am a fan of Pete Weber. He has had some of the most amazing drill on the field since he started with Vanguard. He is the closest to "Wow" since Michael Gaines.

..and it will be a prettier and a flashier design than every other corps on the field that year.

Got it. You don't like Weber. You may have your criticism about that, but their drill was more interesting and IS more interesting than pretty much all the rest.

I think I'd pick that over "drill that doesn't really need to be clean because it's not drill" or "visual with drill snippets" any day.

ahhhh my friend BUT it's actually harder to clean the latter...Much harder

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

All of SCV's drill this year looked dirty to me. The intervals always seemed off but looks like that's just a characteristic of the drill, the white unis, or both. Either way, not a fan.

• Like 2

ahhhh my friend BUT it's actually harder to clean the latter...Much harder

NOT trying to be too critical, GUARDLING. Just defending Weber ( a little ). The latter is more individual focused. Weber is more ensemble focused.

As Lincoln said, I just feel that Weber has the most WOW drill since Gains stop doing corps.

Leon May is no slouch either. It's just a stylistic preference.

All of SCV's drill this year looked dirty to me. The intervals always seemed off but looks like that's just a characteristic of the drill, the white unis, or both. Either way, not a fan.

Heh, no surprise there. I know which corps you like.

I don't remember seeing collisions with SCV last year. I remember in Semis someone fell but that pretty much happens with all corps now.

I don't think it's a bad idea. Last year would have been a good time to do it, on the 25th anniversary, but Scheherazade was great. Also, what's making SCV irrelevant? High drums? They're on a fast track for another championship in my opinion.

Post-Royer SCV was in a creative slump. Big time. All of a sudden, after trailing all season in 1997, this happened: http://www.fromthepressbox.com/19970809dcicharlotte.htm . They woke up. Two years later, they (co) won. What since? They won high drums in 2004 and (finally) medalled again. That fast-tracked to....to...to? With the myriad of creativity of the Fiedler bunch, expectations were higher than results. Plus, if someone wants to march in a California corps, there's one out there---I dunno---with a helluva relevancy going on right now.