Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

So...Troopers beat Boston tonight. Thoughts?

Mine are something along the lines of WAY TO GO TROOP! Hopefully they keep this kind of stuff up :cool:

I thought Troopers were underscored in the Cinema viewing ( at 58).. glad to see they got a bounce. Boston is having a very disappointing season so far for themselves scoring and placement wise, but this not to diminish in the least in what the Troopers just did in topping them. Congrats to the Troopers. I've always liked what this Corps has been able to accomplish for themselves in a region that is not easy to get to for campers with the Troopers.

• Like 2

Personally when I saw this show I thought it needed more body in the horns. I don't feel the show says anything about horses. But then Again, clean is clean,

• Like 1

Just some epic Troopers hornline warmup goodness to brighten your Sunday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBj1--PxXdg

Skip to the 2:28 mark for some show music.

Edited by TroopAlum12
  • Like 2

First, I like the show and I always like the Troopers. Nothing wrong with Americana but this show is a nice departure while still keeping things in the Troopers milieu. That being said, does anyone else find the show eerily similar to Paul Lawrence Dunbar High School's (Lexington, KY) show from last fall? Different music, but basically the same visual package. Dunbar's show was "Unbridled," Troopers is "Wild Horses." Anyone else see the similarity?

Also, I'm a bit confused over the final visual. I take it the horns are a metaphor for horses, but if the show is about Wild Horses (being free, etc.) why are they corralled at the end? Doesn't seem like the final statement they intended.

Just some epic Troopers hornline warmup goodness to brighten your Sunday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBj1--PxXdg

Thank you sincerely, TroopAlum12. You just brightened my day immensely!!!! :colgate:

That made me happy.

While the quality of the top tier Corps is, as expected, getting better, it is readily observable to many of us that the biggest improvements are actually coming from the Corps in the 7-15th range. It was not that long ago that Corps in this year's 13-15th range would be pretty much assured a Finals spot with the shows and the marcher talent we are witnessing now from the Corps in this range.