Blue Knights 2015

Just got home from the send-off show. This is going to be a killer show this year.

The way the music is arranged between the three sections...brass, drumline and pit...is...well, I hate to overuse a word, but it's awesome. Fans are going to love The Beatles' "Because", "Rush" is fast and bright, Apres Moi seems to be the Billy Joel arrangement with a few twists...especially with the drumline and the pit...and "Fly To Paradise" is going to be a climactic closer.

There wasn't any narration, though that doesn't mean there won't be any. There IS some recorded singing but it's minimal...more for effect than anything else, I think. The guard uniform is...distinctive, eye-catching. I'm not much of a judge of guard drill, but they do some pretty neat stuff.

They didn't have the whole show on the field, but I didn't expect them to. I was sitting too low to really get a good look at the brass and drumline drill, but there is a lot of dance and positional movement. Their new uniforms from last year still look excellent for the "new" BK.

I can't wait for DATR!!

edit: I forgot to mention "I'm Alive". Very lush sound from BK on this piece.

Edited by Herk
  • Like 4

The Blue Knights have announced their very own ambassador program! It's similar to the DCI ambassador program and is targeted toward middle school and high school students!

http://ascendperformingarts.org/support/blue-knights-ambassador/

Good idea.

At that age they are still flexible enough to do that wiggle hip thing that BK does when the DM salutes.

Not for the likes of us old dinos, ha, ha.

You're doing a great job Steve.

• Like 1

This show is going to be amazing!! Every Corps this year has completely hit the head on the nail with entertainment value!! I don't think there will be a show I won't like

• Like 1

Wow, just saw a little clip of the Blue Knights they are stepping up there game yet again! Definitely going to be a competitive season with everyone.

Wow, just saw a little clip of the Blue Knights they are stepping up there game yet again! Definitely going to be a competitive season with everyone.

Mind sharing on PM?

In addition to the ambassador program that some of the communication team created, I'd also like to announce our "Ask A Knight" feature on our website! This gives fans the opportunity to ask BK members, volunteers, and staff anything that they'd like! We've also got some other really exciting things coming up soon...

Also, who is excited for the Clovis show? I sure am! :)
  • Like 1

My apologies if this has already been posted here (I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere) but BK has made a few modifications to their uniform this season. Most notably, no more white pants!

10341408_10153106082853026_4625296219739

EDIT: On second thought, those may be the DM uniforms. It looks like the MMs in the distance are wearing white bibbers.

Edited by crownisking