Blue Knights 2015

Wow, just saw this show, and I've got to say, The hype surrounding this show is very much appropriate. I almost want to say that like the Blue Devils, their shows don't seem formulated (start out loud, then tone it down for a 3 minute ballad, and then blast it at the end). Now of course there are volume/style changes throughout their shows. and even in that order, but it doesn't feel that they follow that order. Hard to explain. I now do hope this show is recognized by both the fan and judging community. It's hard to believe that just a couple years ago, this is the corps that made a show about a big blue ball.

Wow, just saw this show, and I've got to say, The hype surrounding this show is very much appropriate. I almost want to say that like the Blue Devils, their shows don't seem formulated (start out loud, then tone it down for a 3 minute ballad, and then blast it at the end). Now of course there are volume/style changes throughout their shows. and even in that order, but it doesn't feel that they follow that order. Hard to explain. I now do hope this show is recognized by both the fan and judging community. It's hard to believe that just a couple years ago, this is the corps that made a show about a big blue ball.

In my opinion, that show about the big blue ball was the beginning of the new and improved BK.

• Like 1

In my opinion, that show about the big blue ball was the beginning of the new and improved BK.

Late in the season, there'll be a show change. In the closer, the entire guard will duck down behind all those mirrors, and you'll see something quickly inflating. :-P Edited by ChuckH

I loved the opener, the rest was okay

Yes..... Plan according to a source is to spend Oregon (very little pressure) getting it on the field and then have it very clean by Drums

The corps is very proficient this year. I've seen them live and through videos.

I DO NOT understand the show.

By this point in the season, I've seen a majority of the world class shows, live and/or through video. Most shows I understand at least a little. I can't say that for BK.

I know everyone is making tweaks to the design and storyline of their shows. And, I know that Blue Knights will do a lot of work in the Pacific Northwest. I just wonder if it will come together because right now I just enjoy their marching/playing but have no idea what the show is about.

Edited by RedJazz1900

Oh man... These drums are beautiful. A nod to the 90s, perhaps?

IMG_2396-e1435687326204.png

I have a piece of Azul d'mer blue granite from Brazil which I use as a table top. It looks identical to the blue pattern shown here. No drumming on the table however!!!

• Like 2