Blue Knights 2015

Our humble friend was bashful when this was written because he didn't add HE POSTS ON DCP!

StephenBates-213x300.jpgStephen Bates’ involvement with Ascend Performing Arts includes membership in the Blue Knights Percussion Ensemble in 2014 and 2015. He is pursuing a Communications degree in Digital Film-making at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, where he also works as a graphic designer/marketing coordinator for the office of Student Life and Leadership.

Stephen co-founded Tomahawk Percussion in 2014 with fellow Blue Knights Percussion Ensemble member, Tom Griess. Tomahawk Percussion was founded to provide resources, support, and a community for those involved in the marching arts. Outside of school and music, Stephen was TIME Magazine’s Person of the Year in 2006, is a shareholder/part owner for of the Green Bay Packers, and has had his name engraved into NASA hardware that has flown into space.

Since he's an owner of the Packers, I guess the BK get to practice at Lambeau Field whenever they're in the area?!

Haha, after 100+ degree shows out East, some cold might be appreciated! Also, I didn't even know about DCP when I was asked to write that! :)

Also, the article that bio went along with is pretty good. I recommend it if you are in Denver for the show this weekend.

http://ascendperformingarts.org/a-blue-knights-guide-to-denver/

Thanks Herk! I wish I could've added more, but the list would've been too long! Denver sure is a special place! :)

Edited by iSteve51
  • Like 2

Haha, after 100+ degree shows out East, some cold might be appreciated! Also, I didn't even know about DCP when I was asked to write that! :)

Thanks Herk! I wish I could've added more, but the list would've been too long! Denver sure is a special place! :)

I just saw the 'scopes. Thanks, Steve...good quality feeds, too.

Maybe we can get a bit from the show? Maybe the encore? That would be awesome!

I just saw the 'scopes. Thanks, Steve...good quality feeds, too.

Maybe we can get a bit from the show? Maybe the encore? That would be awesome!

I'm not in charge of the stream, but I'll relay this info to the intern who is in charge!

The whole show... Cough cough ahem ahem:)

• Like 1

I'm not in charge of the stream, but I'll relay this info to the intern who is in charge!

Thanks, Steve.

Ummm...could you pass a couple other things onto that person?

1. Please give us streams that are more than 5-10 seconds in length. I hardly have a chance to see what's going on...and it ends.

2. Hold the device in landscape orientation. It makes for a better view.

I'd make these suggestion directly to the person running the feeds, except comments are turned of on them.

Thanks, Steve.

Ummm...could you pass a couple other things onto that person?

1. Please give us streams that are more than 5-10 seconds in length. I hardly have a chance to see what's going on...and it ends.

2. Hold the device in landscape orientation. It makes for a better view.

I'd make these suggestion directly to the person running the feeds, except comments are turned of on them.

Sure! We are all very new to the app here, and so I believe those first few 5-10 second scopes were to test it out. I'll relay this all over though!

• Like 1

WOW!!!

I just saw the 'scope of BK's closer, with I'm Alive and Fly To Paradise. Awesome!! Thank you, BK for the 'scopes today. It's been a real treat.

You know, I've heard it said that this show is a direct extension of last year's show and It just occurred to me that it would be really cool to have one video, say in Blu-Ray quality, of both shows back-to-back. Heck, I'd pay a couple bucks or so for that.

Something to think about, eh BK?

Edited by Herk
  • Like 2