Season 23 caption reminder

Galen

Hello directors,

As a reminder, Class A corps are not able to use GE captions from DCI corps that finished in the top 5 for this season's years (2011-2014). The corps that are unavailable to Class A corps are listed below for reference:

2014: BD, Bluecoats, Cadets, SCV, Crown

2013: Crown, BD, Cadets, SCV, Bluecoats

2012: BD, Crown, Phantom, Cadets, SCV

2011: Cadets, BD, Cavaliers, Crown, Phantom

I've already sent a reminder email to a few directors; please be sure to double-check your captions if you are competing in Class A this season.

are you trying to test us? the rules changes only covered Class A not Open! :)

• Like 1

Proposal #1

Proposal name:Class A GE Caps

Proposal description/purpose:

This is an old proposal, but deserves another look and was very close last time (disclosure i did change the penalty amount as I feel the previous amount wouldn't really deter a director from breaking the rule). Class A corps may not select any GE captions valued higher than 20 points. Directors that select GE captions valued higher than 20 points will be assessed a 0.5 penalty for each point they are over, for each show they are in violation of this rule.

Rationale: This proposal, if passed, would put the focus in Class A on performance, rather than effect and design. It would give Class A directors more flexibility in picking their captions instead of just using the best GE corps and loading up on cheapest possible options for everything else. Puts the proportion of caption points between GE captions and other captions more in line with Open Class corps. Since it would be too difficult to script this change, the penalty would put directors "on their honor" as well as negate any potential advantage gained by going over the limit. Directors who exceed this would be notified via PM/email and instructed to change their captions or face a penalty of .5 for each point in excess of the limit they use.

Yep, the change should only be for Class A.

Correct- it is for Class A only, and I'll update my notice.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll post it shortly.

To quote Jeff Ream, god I love the week leading up to the start of the season...

• Like 1

I'll post it shortly.

To quote Jeff Ream, god I love the week leading up to the start of the season...

Running out of things to do, huh? :tounge2:

Let's see, make a new job work out, plan my wedding, get a fantasy corps league set up, prepare for JOBE rehearsals... yeah I'm good :laugh:

Congrats! I didn't know you were getting married! I don't stalk Facebook well lol