Question On Boston's show

cage

what is this story? I feel like I missed this during the summer...

tried to scroll through the last few months of stuff and couldn't find the post i was looking for...yet.

anyways...word was that BAC's guard took a huge drop from prelims to semis. judge admitted to staff that there was an error, but did not correct it on the final sheets because they were turned in and whatever. BAC's guard & staff got ###### and used the flags on finals.

tried to scroll through the last few months of stuff and couldn't find the post i was looking for...yet.

anyways...word was that BAC's guard took a huge drop from prelims to semis. judge admitted to staff that there was an error, but did not correct it on the final sheets because they were turned in and whatever. BAC's guard & staff got ###### and used the flags on finals.

In the end, the show is going to be remembered more than the score anyways so I'd say that was almost a blessing in disguise.

Guard scores for the BAC. P=17.6 S=17.2 F=17.9 With the BAC and BS close during final week, here are their guard scores. P=18.2 S=18.7 F=19.1

Have no idea if a .4 drop in a guard score is a "huge drop", but a .7 gain must be.

Guard scores for the BAC. P=17.6 S=17.2 F=17.9 With the BAC and BS close during final week, here are their guard scores. P=18.2 S=18.7 F=19.1

Have no idea if a .4 drop in a guard score is a "huge drop", but a .7 gain must be.

Score-wise it doesn't seem that way, but it's not being put in full context like that. Placement-wise they went from 9th to 13th to 8th. That's a big swing. Semis is an outlier. Edited by chaos001

Score-wise it doesn't seem that way, but it's not being put in full context like that. Placement-wise they went from 9th to 13th to 8th. That's a big swing. Semis is an outlier.

not really, those within a certain amount and show dynamics can flip flop many. Were not working with alot of points to begin with.

There will be those who look at the 13th place as reality and those will look at 8th as the reality, Ive heard both bottom line it didnt change an overall placement but maybe did show the drive of the individuals at the end or maybe just 1 mans opinion on either side of it.

We all love the recognition and it is a competition but in the end rewarding ourselves can be just as fulfilling.

Edited by GUARDLING

One thing that bothered me and still bothers me a little is (and this was suggested by someone else this summer) that the members who marched this show may not have even known what the show was actually about. I find that very hard to believe but I can also see how that would be possible.

One thing that bothered me and still bothers me a little is (and this was suggested by someone else this summer) that the members who marched this show may not have even known what the show was actually about. I find that very hard to believe but I can also see how that would be possible.

Not sure what you mean by that but rest assured we were well aware of the shows theme and how it was being portrayed in the show. Even the small parts of political commentary were told as poking fun at drumcorps politics just as the book is a political allegory. If anyone had specific questions they would just ask their peers.

Not sure what you mean by that but rest assured we were well aware of the shows theme and how it was being portrayed in the show. Even the small parts of political commentary were told as poking fun at drumcorps politics just as the book is a political allegory. If anyone had specific questions they would just ask their peers.

Okay awesome! I remember discussing this over the summer and one person suggested that the corps didn't even know they were spelling out "G7" on the field or what the G7 even was which was a bit shocking to me. Thanks for confirming that it was not the case!

How does Boston feel on the G7 and TOC? Sometimes people post things on here that make it sound like they want to be part of that group, and at others it sounds like they don't want anything to do with them.