What drives DCI World Class?

As mom to a boy who couldn't have cared less about sports, I'm just glad there was drum corps because it was a place my kid could unleash his passion and shine. Drum corps is an experience that only certain types of kids will and can have, so as long as there are band geeks (I say this oh so lovingly because my family is full of them) who want to get to the absolute top of their game, there will hopefully be drum corps.

As to what drives drum corps, it's kind of a chicken or egg type of question IMO. The question of what makes a champion is a different question.

Beautiful post-

Fixed those for you.

And yes, you missed show design/props/staff/arrangers/transportation/food/housing/and all the other spending=EXPENSE

Which money are we talking about here as the driver, revenue or expense, income or assets?

I guess garfield all these would go under staff (expenses). So it is the staff's that drive World Class in your opinion? I just don't know about that. We will see what others come up with. Thanks for jumping in.

Excellence in a given caption, reward for that excellence. The opportunity to work under exceptional teachers. A great tan and lean body.

I think we're missing the obvious. Yes, drum corps costs money, excellence and competition are significant, but ultimately a deep commitment to young people through music, and performance ultimately drives drum corps. No director, instructor, or staff member will laugh all the way to the bank from salaries, people do not volunteer countless hours for corps just to promote WGI, BOA, or any of the other of the supposed evils that corrupt the evil behemoth DCI, and most donors probably donate to keep a corps they love alive.

World Class is not driven by performance level. if you want into that club, it's your finances that place you there.If talent were the sole determining factor, BDB and SCVC would have been there years ago