Which drum corps cuts vets most often during tryouts?

Over my head like so much else on here. I don't understand and therefore I don't think I'm worthy. I'll just sit in my corner and hope that I see two paragraphs.

Paragraph

Paragraph

I would find it very distracting to be cut while I'm trying out. I don't think I would want to march for such an abusive corps.

As for cuts, I could go either way on this. This is competition after all, and you are taking an audition. If you were guaranteed a spot then why audition?

I believe in any competitive arena, the better audition should win out.

Now, having said that, if you're a drum corps that struggles to keep students around and are trying to grow and build the organization, then it might be best to apply some conditions to your audition rules to reward loyal vets. If your mission is to promote education in the local area or in the region then you will want to give first dibs to those kids. Most modern World Class drum corps have walked away from the later. They've been able to. The top 12 or so have lots of marchers coming from all over, so it pays for them to take the best suited for the show. That's just simple capitalism in a competitive framework.

I would submit that if a multi-year vet comes to auditions and rehearsals unprepared, then they are not being very "loyal" to their corps to begin with

• Like 7