Which drum corps cuts vets most often during tryouts?

1) it could be to avoid the hole in the drill

2) it could be a staff mindset of "grit my teeth and bear it for the rest of tour but this kid is done afterwards"

3) it could be a staff mindset of "lets give this kid every single opportunity to improve attitude: everyone has bad days in tour perhaps this member will shape up before it's all said and done"

4) it could even be the member was OK on tour (not 100% awful, not 100% model member) but came back to camp with an awful attitude and/or skill deficiency

5) it could be that the member was OK on tour (see above), and an influx in auditioning rookies made the 'OK' vet obsolete: if there are a lot of better options why stick with the lesser option if you don't have to?

Like a lot of issues, there isn't necessarily a black and white solution, or sometimes a great staff evaluates a problem, formulates many different 'solutions' and picks the lesser of the evils

.....and it could be the dude or dudette didn't pony up their dough in a timely fashion

Bill,

True as your comment is the reality opens another can of worms (i.e., discussion.)

Some corps discount dues/tour fees per years of consecutive membership in the corps or if the position in the corps requires extra responsibility (dm/conductor, section leader, player/coach.)

[i have tried to keep my response short for those posters who can't comprehend two paragraphs or answers longer than 140 characters. Stick to twitter.]

• Like 2

.....and it could be the dude or dudette didn't pony up their dough in a timely fashion

Bingo. I've seen people carried so you don't have a hole mid season knowing they would never bring said person back because of this.

Bill,

True as your comment is the reality opens another can of worms (i.e., discussion.)

Some corps discount dues/tour fees per years of consecutive membership in the corps or if the position in the corps requires extra responsibility (dm/conductor, section leader, player/coach.)

[i have tried to keep my response short for those posters who can't comprehend two paragraphs or answers longer than 140 characters. Stick to twitter.]

140 characters would constitute a play or musical far longer than I'd care to sit through.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

I don't twitter. But maybe I should because of my inability to comprehend two paragraphs even when they aren't paragraphs.

A paragraph, by any other name, is still a...paragraph?????? :tounge2: