Fan Network - The New Platform

To be extra super clear... there's no reason to say it will be more expensive. It might be less expensive for customers. Those decisions are based on a lot of things, but they are not set in stone this early. Generally, it's what you'd do... the largest total revenue within reason. If they could sell subscriptions at $20 and make more money, that's what they'd do. Same for $120.

Don't take pricing personally. No one is trying to "screw" anyone. It's just doing what they can to bring in dollars. But the pricing is likely not even set yet, given all the ongoing licensing and things and new costs and hardware... historically, prices were set in April/May.

Good post by drumcat, but I would point out that brightcove's stuff is hardly "homebrew" and is used by a ton of fortune 500 companies including the likes of Showtime, Disney/Marvel/ABC, Fox, Starz, Streaming Media, Time, Huffington Post, and a slew of other companies that need to stream things and have use for Brightcove's products and services.

https://www.brightcove.com/en/customers

Brightcove offers a platform and SDK, but they also will help you develop your solution. So I'm not sure who DCI's going to.

Good post by drumcat, but I would point out that brightcove's stuff is hardly "homebrew" and is used by a ton of fortune 500 companies including the likes of Showtime, Disney/Marvel/ABC, Fox, Starz, Streaming Media, Time, Huffington Post, and a slew of other companies that need to stream things and have use for Brightcove's products and services.

https://www.brightcove.com/en/customers

Brightcove offers a platform and SDK, but they also will help you develop your solution. So I'm not sure who DCI's going to.

Ya, by "homebrew", I *only* meant the content management system - what customers see. Brightcove is A+.

Ya, by "homebrew", I *only* meant the content management system - what customers see. Brightcove is A+.

Ah, cool. Good, because I've had great experiences with Brightcove in the past and I know they're very progressive and one of the good companies for video.

I'll be very interested to see what direction DCI has taken with this from an IT perspective.

I just logged into my DCI Fan Network account for the first time in many Months, & I reviewed finals from 1975 to 1981 & it appears than about 40% of the performances are no longer there. This really s u c k s.

Lawyers ruin everything.