DCPI Season 23 Discussion Thread

Galen

Oh no! Is winning prelimns still the kiss of death? If it is let's hope we can kick that trend!

Will World Class corps be receiving their allowed caption changes before the deadline today?

Yes. Those changes were put in last night, as per usual.

Huh, hasn't shown up for me yet

b97b08E.png

Take another look, please. You should be seeing 2 per update, 1 swap per day, 7 swaps per week.

Still not showing for me

Should be working now.

I'm really excited to see River City Regiment sitting in 3rd after Prelims! I haven't been active on the forum this season (whole lotta real life going on at the moment), but I've been trying to keep up with scores and the point increases to remain competitive. Hoping for continued success!

Scores for semis have just been posted. We've got a new front-runner in Polaris Regiment, finishing just 0.05 ahead of Buckeye Brass. Violet Knights surged from 10th up into a tie for 3rd place with The Knights, with Star of Jupiter lurking very close behind those two corps. And in a first, we have a tie for 12th place between The Thoroughbreds and Twilight Brigade, meaning that our "top 12" finals event will actually have 13 corps competing!

Aftershock and Euphony Empire both made valiant efforts tonight, but came up a bit short of the cutoff point. But both corps deserve major recognition, as this is only Aftershock's second season in competition, and in Euphony's case, they very nearly made finals despite missing most of the first half of the season. Congratulations to both of those corps!