DCPI Season 23 Discussion Thread

Galen

*forehead smack*

Number of times Polaris Regiment has won World Class Prelims or Semis: EIGHT

Number of times Polaris Regiment has won World Class Finals: so far, oh for seven

Maybe Saturday night will be different.

Breaking 90 and getting a semifinals finish is not bad for a brand new organization.

You can bet that all three of our corps will be back in hot competition this summer!

In the mean time, good luck to all of tomorrow's finalists! Our members will be in the stands going wild.

Scores from World Class finals have been posted. Congratulations to our new champions, Polaris Regiment... AND Buckeye Brass. That's right- we have a tie! While extremely unlikely, it is mathematically possible for two corps to tie for the championship based on our scoring methods. The results have been verified, and since there are no tie-breaker rules, I am happy to announce that Polaris Regiment and Buckeye Brass will both be crowned as World Class champions for season 23.

Congrats to the champions in all classes as well as the Bluegrass Alliance corps for making finals in each of their respective classes!

Sweepstakes scores have been finalized and posted. Congratulations to our Sweepstakes winners for season 23:

World Class Sweepstakes champion: Polaris Regiment

Open Class Sweepstakes champion: Mercury

Class A Sweepstakes champion: Hg

Sweepstakes Grand Champion: Mercury

I'll bet I know what the first rule proposal at the next director's conference is going to be...

I'll bet I know what the first rule proposal at the next director's conference is going to be...

Clarinets and saxophones for everyone!

Thank you! Congrats to all participants!

Well, I was thinking about that. It wouldn't be fair to favor music over visual or visual over music, so any tiebreaker would have to involve GE or cumulative scores. And look at this...

Finals score: 97.090 Polaris Regiment and Buckeye Brass (tie)

Finals GE: 40.000 PR and BB (tie)

Championships week cumulative scores, all 3 shows: 287.840 PR and BB (tie)

Championships week cumulative GE scores, all 3 shows: 119.000 PR and BB (tie)

Not sure there's a fair way to break this tie, so I think co-Champions is the right call. :)