The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

OK - I don't pretend to have any ability to listen to something and "hear" a drum corps show buried in it. That said - I think that Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson would be a great place for designers to look for source music - particularly the Bluecoats. Very modern sound with very rich instrumentation that I think would be right in Bloo's wheel house.

still want to hear someone do Chandelier.

By Sia...? That would be quite the interesting ballad lol.

Probably my favorite of the Ferguson albums. Unique sound all the way through for this 1971 gem.

Probably because it was filled with little more than "forgettable" pop gems of the time...yet contained a few gallons more rocket fuel to render them almost tolerable in more hard-edged ears. And I say that with all due respect. If we were to have that energy in this day and age...

Edited by HornTeacher

Listening to a lot of music in general lately.

So Bells for Stokowski. Some high schools have tried using it, have yet to hear someone really use this piece to its full potential. Could hear someone like Crown use this kind of piece. Maybe fit Phantom pretty well for something fresh? Lots of emotional content here, playing this piece has been one of my fondest memories.

There's A TON of Peter Gabriel music I'd LOVE to hear be used in the drum corps idiom. BLUECOATS I'M TALKING TO YOU. THIS IS RIGHT IN YOUR CURRENT NICHE. This particular one would have fit pretty awesomely into their 2015 show.....................one can wish. However, still. Would love to see this kind of stuff used, Bluecoats because I think it'd only be a good fit for the right corps.

So. In the high school realm, wondered for a few months where the hell Broken Arrow found that music for their 2012 show. Finally found it awhile ago, Immediate Music. Some pretty epic stuff by them.............some really neat dark stuff. Not sure who it'd be a good fit for.

As I've probably said a million times on here...........the land of video game music soundtracks is a field ripe for the picking as far as some pretty fantastic music goes. Someone on here mentioned the soundtrack to the game "Journey" a week or so ago, absolutely beautiful music, definitely in the wheelhouse of a corps like BK.

Other personal favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EgnzharIIE

Every time I listen to "la vida es un Carnival" I think of Blue Devils. Especially from 3:14-3:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nBFWzpWXuM

Carlos Santana & Buddy Miles free from funkafide filth.