The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Thanks to my local classical radio station, I recently came across this interesting orchestral version of Bach's Passacaglia and Fugue bwv 582. Bach purists probably consider this sacrilege, but it's quite brilliant in my view (guess I'm not a Bach purist, ha!). Check it out, and don't bother with watching it, just listen (the audio and video are out of sync by a couple seconds...):

Do you think this could translate to the drum corps activity? Personally I think it could and would love to see Phantom (or maybe Academy or Crown?) take a stab at it. 

Thoughts?!

For reference, here's the original organ version:

• Like 1

I'd love to see 1712 Overture by PDQ Bach performed on the field someday. A HS in Illinois did this in the late 90's and it was wonderful.

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:36 PM, Lance said:

i'm barely familiar with foxygen, but i'd be very surprised if danny elfman weren't a big influence on them. 

IIRC, in an interview Sam France does state Danny Elfman had a big impact on him as a child.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shmeg212 said:

I think this would be a great ballad/closer to have on the field. 

I've ALWAYS wanted a corps to do a Somewhere in Time show. There is a great deal of great music in that show, plus the whole concept of the film could make for a very interesting retelling on the field.

After seeing my college's fantastic production of The Pirates of Penzance, I think it would be awesome if The Academy (or VK, if they were still with us) could pull that concept off. Or just any Gilbert & Sullivan show in general. I would guess that because it's all singing, it might not necessarily work on the field, but you could always fuse some other pieces into the show.

27 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

After seeing my college's fantastic production of The Pirates of Penzance, I think it would be awesome if The Academy (or VK, if they were still with us) could pull that concept off. Or just any Gilbert & Sullivan show in general. I would guess that because it's all singing, it might not necessarily work on the field, but you could always fuse some other pieces into the show.

I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General could be pretty awesome, though I don't think most people would get it without the lyrics?

So yeah, maybe not. lol. 

On 4/5/2017 at 1:29 PM, tesmusic said:

I'd love to see 1712 Overture by PDQ Bach performed on the field someday.

Yes to this.