The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

17 hours ago, xandandl said:

This was played by the 1979 Spirit of Atlanta if I remember correctly. Back then they had a phenomenal Freddie Martin horn line.

feels like 40 years is enough time to pass before another top corps does it, right?

• Haha 1

It would make me so happy if the Troopers used the back half of this piece (starting at 5:35) as the closer for their 60th anniversary show.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

It would make me so happy if the Troopers used the back half of this piece (starting at 5:35) as the closer for their 60th anniversary show.    

Maybe they'll be able to do DWW someday with concert horns instead of mellos.

On 12/18/2017 at 6:12 AM, Zeke said:

Horner's Music for the Movie KRULL has yet to be done on the field and needs to be tackled

i've posted vids of that at least half a dozen times

the ride of the firemares is a pretty great piece, and it was before he started endlessly ripping himself off 

This arrangement is simply MADE for Phantom Regiment. I can almost see the jazz running closer, company front, and kick halt in my head! 

Michael Daugherty's timpani concerto "Raise the Roof," especially 3:05-5:57 and 8:56-the end. Cavaliers, Madison, Crossmen, others?