The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

On 8/27/2016 at 9:04 PM, DrumManTx said:

There's a high school in Texas (Leander) that's at the top of their game right now that used this from this really interesting artist Son Lux as their 2015 opener, and is using him again this year paired BEAUTIFULLY with some Phillip Glass stuff. Never heard of this stuff before and probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for that bands use of it. But it is REALLY cool in terms of some contemporary stuff that could be used. I really love getting exposed to new music and stuff I've never heard of before.

Just commenting because Leander introduced me to Son Lux and now theyre my favorite band. I have tickets for a concert in Atlanta in a month. Thank you to band for that. Also I want to see Easy by the same band on the field. Ugh that would be ridiculously good.

• Like 1

Okay I'm done.

6 hours ago, Trent Dang said:

Maslanka 2nd Symphony - 4th Mvt in its entirety, non-stop.

https://youtu.be/gXYzaOratOs?t=20m9s

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Over in DCA, the Buccaneers have announced their 2018 repertoire, which includes something from Maslanka's fourth symphony.

I like that clip you posted from the second symph., but isn't it too long for drum corps "in its entirety"?

Now that Maslanka's music is finally starting to hit the field after many years of the composer denying the rights, it's about time a corps attempts to pull off an all-Maslanka show. His symphonies, A Child's Garden of Dreams, Give Us This Day, Recitation Book, etc. are full of fantastic music that is just dying to be heard on the field.

• Like 1

For a really fun game, hit shuffle. I did put down all the suggestions I could find in here. Including threnody for the victims of Hiroshima.

7 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Now that Maslanka's music is finally starting to hit the field after many years of the composer denying the rights, it's about time a corps attempts to pull off an all-Maslanka show. His symphonies, A Child's Garden of Dreams, Give Us This Day, Recitation Book, etc. are full of fantastic music that is just dying to be heard on the field.

Hmmm.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MelloMatt said:

Just commenting because Leander introduced me to Son Lux and now theyre my favorite band. I have tickets for a concert in Atlanta in a month. Thank you to band for that. Also I want to see Easy by the same band on the field. Ugh that would be ridiculously good.

I think Son Lux  would be a great addition to a drum corps to a drum corps program this season. But who would be most likely to do it?

13 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I think Son Lux  would be a great addition to a drum corps to a drum corps program this season. But who would be most likely to do it?

I mean, Cavies did Woodkid a few years back. I wasn't exactly enamored with it but it's not too far from the same vein.

Heard this in one of my classes today. How has this Prokofiev piece never made it to the field before? Would be perfect for Boston or Phantom.

• Like 1