The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Cadets or Crown, I dare you to pull off this piece, up to tempo, while marching for most of it. And yes, that includes the tempo change at 3:08.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2

New Blood - a PG show (yes SCV 2018 has me on a Peter Gabriel kick)

Themes and arrangements from PG's "New Blood" album of re-imagined PG songs but with no guitar bass or drums. 

Rhythm of the Heat

Intruder

Solsbury Hill

In your Eyes

Digging In the Dirt

• 2 weeks later...

In BOA, Marian Catholic played Samuel Barber's Oigada this year--that is to say, his famous Adagio for Strings, but backwards.

I liked it! It makes me wonder if there are other pieces of music that could be effectively played in reverse.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 1:45 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

In BOA, Marian Catholic played Samuel Barber's Oigada this year--that is to say, his famous Adagio for Strings, but backwards.

I liked it! It makes me wonder if there are other pieces of music that could be effectively played in reverse.

Although that show had other issues, concept wasn't one of them. Even enjoyed the "Stage Directions" vocals. 

I've just discovered "Symphonic Metal" music.  I've fallen in love with this band Nightwish.

Anyone think that in the right hands, this could serve as the bulk of a show?   BK? BC? SCV? Crown?

If you like it, check out the live version with the new singer for a real treat....wish I had seen this live...

• Like 3

On 11/28/2018 at 4:32 PM, DTrooper77 said:

I've just discovered "Symphonic Metal" music.  I've fallen in love with this band Nightwish.

Anyone think that in the right hands, this could serve as the bulk of a show?   BK? BC? SCV? Crown?

If you like it, check out the live version with the new singer for a real treat....wish I had seen this live...

absolutely! and in that vein, i feel like this could def work as a ballad

on the black metal side of the coin