The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

21 hours ago, MelloMatt said:

Fantastic orchestral arrangement of it was used as theme music for the Amazon show Mozart in the Jungle. Available on Spotify.

Thanks, I'll look it up.

21 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Its seems like every time I turn on the local indie-rock/pop college station, I hear something interesting that might adapt nicely to corps, but then I never find time to check the title and artist. So I'd probably heard "Lisztomania" before, but it wasn't until it suddenly turned up in a much-shared video today that I learned the title (which I would previously have associated only with a 1970s Ken Russell film). A catchy ditty. I'd like to see corps tackle music like that.

And the accompanying visuals seem obvious.

I've heard other LDS songs done in the activity, but this arrangement of Nearer My God To Thee sounds ready-made for a deep drum corps rendition. (shouts to BYU's great choral program by the way)

Edited by brassdude6171
bad memory
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

I've heard other LDS songs done in the activity, but this arrangement of Nearer My God To Thee sounds ready-made for a deep drum corps rendition. (shouts to BYU's great choral program by the way)

Love it. 

Another hymn I love is "Softly and Tenderly". This group sings the melody line unison first, and then starts the amazing harmonies in the 2nd. 

Earlier in the day I was looking for music for a slide show and came across “The Lion in Winter” soundtrack. I’m not sure the plot of the film would fit well on the drum corps field but the score has some powerful moments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Mormon Tabernacle Choir, for a couple of months now, is now The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square. Phew.  Some of those students will probably end up in the TCATS.

From what I've heard, they prefer TabCATS

I just discovered the soundtrack to this hit movie yesterday and I absolutely love it. Ballad idea for anyone...

...and something I can see BD, Madison or Spirit doing.

• Like 1