The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

9 hours ago, mfrontz said:

BK should do Arvo Pärt.

That's all I have to say.

They did his “Fratres” in 2016, but there’s plenty of other works by him that haven’t been touched by anyone at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

I don't know anything about video games, but I found this when looking up Philip Sparke's tune by the same name. Some good stuff in here.

Cool stuff.

Jumping back to Sparke,  if were selecting music for Crown,  they would play Sparke every year.  Two "filler" years  with already published stuff (music of spheres is a good start :biggrin: ) meanwhile commission a show per year 3 years out.  He's NOT a radically expensive guy to commission and can you IMAGINE the stuff he'd bring to the table?

If someone were to play it, Spheres might the most challenging brass band book ever brought to the field.  It's just absurd and beautiful and I love it. 

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, palmettomello said:

Crown, Coats, or SOA. This could be beautiful on the field. I love this version more than the original. Progressive rock with an organ line based on Bach's Air for the G String, what could be better?

Yep. Beautiful. Especially with a flugelhorn solo. Jump to 8:20 for the shade to go whiter. 

21 hours ago, palmettomello said:

Crown, Coats, or SOA. This could be beautiful on the field. I love this version more than the original. Progressive rock with an organ line based on Bach's Air for the G String, what could be better?

Sorry kids of today.....THIS is music!!!  A timeless masterpiece for a bygone epoch with rebellion, imagination and fantasy.  All your f-bombed peppered "lyrics" and computer generated beats have no soul.  

Now get off my lawn  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Sorry kids of today.....THIS is music!!!  A timeless masterpiece for a bygone epoch with rebellion, imagination and fantasy.  All your f-bombed peppered "lyrics" and computer generated beats have no soul.  

Now get off my lawn  

don't forget that a big part of the song's "soul" and timelessness is that it is derived from bach.

• Like 1