The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

8 hours ago, Lance said:

I was talking about greg's inappropriate comments.  

Sorry.  

Yes, it was inappropriate.  I've been out of the activity for awhile, so when I made the comment I didn't consider the age of some of the marching members.  Even with that, it was still wrong.  My apologies to all I offended, the activity, color guard marching members, and Drum Corps Planet.

It won't happen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Though the poster's remarks were inappropriate. let's not act as if the activity has not become more eroticized  over the years..and most of the this has been in the color guard arena..27th's color guard was fully covered as I recall and they were great!..Move forward a few decades and we hear comments about PR's color guard being "sexy" in the early 2000's..comments on this forum!..So is the activity, in it's desire to satisfy the designers, allowing the hyper sexualization of  the guard or is this the inevitable end of ART for art's sake?...peace

• Haha 1

The movie "The Sandpiper"  has many interludes of beautiful music...The hit song "The shadow of your smile" came from this movie, as I recall..peace.

2 hours ago, Lance said:

it begins and ends there. 

next. 

Yup

OK, so it maybe dopey, but when I heard the performance at the Oscars of "Into the Unknown" from Frozen and thought about it as a  production number.  I thought it had a lot of interest and variety.   No question there would be licensing issues but the International version/performance during the Oscars was really cool.  The variety of voices,  I thought,  made it very interesting.  I'll go back to my nap now.

• 3 weeks later...