The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

6 minutes ago, Lance said:

I'll always love this cue from Pleasantville, and would love to hear a corps do it for a ballad.

Good stuff. But Randy Newman's music isn't available to corps, is it?

6 hours ago, Lance said:

I don't think so, but I don't know for sure.  I did a search on it, and just found that Minnesota Brass did this exact piece in 2018, though.  

http://www.dcxmuseum.org/index.cfm?view=search&Composer=Newman%2C Randy

That was a Sound Sport performance, right?

Today would have been the 55th birthday of Gioachinio Rossini (1796-1868), so how about this:

On 1/31/2020 at 11:14 AM, tesmusic said:

I've seen a lot of hideous posting on this site over the years, but really? Requesting legs and cleavage? Ummmm...

The only thing funnier is, you people get all bent out of shape when the reality is, this has been happening for quite a few years now! Open your eyes!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rocketman said:

The only thing funnier is, you people get all bent out of shape when the reality is, this has been happening for quite a few years now! Open your eyes!

You find a borderline pedophile comment less amusing than people bothered by it? Sorry, what he wrote is gross, creepy, and concerning, and your support of the comment is gross, because you’re supporting someone requesting cleavage from teenagers or slightly older, so I guess you’re ok with pedo requests? I mean, based on your comment you are, which is messed up.

• Thanks 2

Whoa, I guess I missed what happened a month ago... To cleanse, I absolutely love this tune. Regiment used the opening fanfare (excluded from this video) in their 2014 show, but the rest of La Peri is so good. I tried to find if I posted this before and couldn't find anything.

Edited by kdaddy
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 4:45 PM, tesmusic said:

You find a borderline pedophile comment less amusing than people bothered by it? Sorry, what he wrote is gross, creepy, and concerning, and your support of the comment is gross, because you’re supporting someone requesting cleavage from teenagers or slightly older, so I guess you’re ok with pedo requests? I mean, based on your comment you are, which is messed up.

I never said I supported the request and I'm not okay with it, but to think that it hasn't been happening is wishful thinking. BD - Felliniesque comes to mind.

• Thanks 1

You don't support it and you're not okay with it, so why keep talking about it?

This is so gross.  Just let it end.  

Also, if a corps hasn't done this as a ballad or pretty moment, it's long overdue.