The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Holst's "Saturn". And speaking of which, here's some cool footage:

14 hours ago, Rocketman said:

I never said I supported the request and I'm not okay with it, but to think that it hasn't been happening is wishful thinking. BD - Felliniesque comes to mind.

You’re right, it has. However, openly requesting it is gross. And that is what poster did. To which you stated it’s absurd to call him out for requesting this. You literally said those of us calling him out is more absurd, which means you are more ok with his post, than those of us that think it’s a bad thing. So yeah, you did support that post more.

On 3/6/2020 at 5:13 AM, tesmusic said:

You’re right, it has. However, openly requesting it is gross. And that is what poster did. To which you stated it’s absurd to call him out for requesting this. You literally said those of us calling him out is more absurd, which means you are more ok with his post, than those of us that think it’s a bad thing. So yeah, you did support that post more.

In your opinion! Nothing I said was in support of the post no matter how you try to spin it. I was pointing out what I believe is the hypocrisy of those that were offended by it but failed to note that such blatant sexualization of members has been ongoing for some time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

In your opinion! Nothing I said was in support of the post no matter how you try to spin it. I was pointing out what I believe is the hypocrisy of those that were offended by it but failed to note that such blatant sexualization of members has been ongoing for some time.

He made a request fir it. Yes it’s happened in the past, but openly requesting it is gross. That is why people were bothered, not by the fact that things like that have happened. Which has been my point all along. No one said it didn’t happen before, nor do they need to. To openly request designers to put the members in revealing attire is still disgusting. Find me where people stayed that it happened before and their support...then you have a point about those posters, but criticizing gross comments isn’t hipocratic since that was not what was being commented on. 

Did I miss an important post or something?

I saw this live a few months ago, and I've been obsessed with it since. Weinberg doesn't get nearly enough play - very similar to his contemporary Shostakovich. The first 90 seconds or so are terrific. The slow movement has a great melody (in places). And the entire fourth movement is excellent. 

7 hours ago, tesmusic said:

He made a request fir it. Yes it’s happened in the past, but openly requesting it is gross. That is why people were bothered, not by the fact that things like that have happened. Which has been my point all along. No one said it didn’t happen before, nor do they need to. To openly request designers to put the members in revealing attire is still disgusting. Find me where people stayed that it happened before and their support...then you have a point about those posters, but criticizing gross comments isn’t hipocratic since that was not what was being commented on. 

I owned up and apologized six weeks ago.  What more do you want me to do?  

On 12/15/2019 at 11:33 AM, xandandl said:

Cavaliers did Rutter for several seasons in the '90's.

On 12/15/2019 at 5:56 AM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I would agree. My personal opinion would be to lean to the more "contemporary" choral writers. Rutter could translate very well and has a VAST grouping of works. Shaw might be a little "bland" for the field. When I read this my mind went to Whitacre almost immediately. I would be interested to see how "Leonardo dreams of his flying machine" could be scored for brass and percussion. It could certainly lead to some really creative guard moments. 

...and check SCV 2012 and BDB 2016 for "Leonardo..."

• Like 1