The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

On 9/14/2020 at 8:26 PM, 84BDsop said:

This is the track from Tony Stark's funeral scene...that soaring French horn gets me every single time.

Maybe not as a show piece, but as a warmup....BD or Crown are the obvious choices.

Alan Silverstri is AWESOME!

• 1 month later...

Was recently introduced to Lucas Richman's "Concerto for Piano and Orchestra: In Truth" which is an utterly fantastic works that holds the influence of Gershwin and Bernstein without being derivative of either. A lot of stuff that would translate well to drum corps, particularly the bombastic finale to the 2nd movement.

Mvt. I - "To One's Self" https://youtu.be/d-w5l-QgSMw (first link does not allow embedding, sorry)

Mvt. II - "To One's World" : 

Mvt. III - "To One's Spirit" : 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heard this arrangement in the Canadian Brass concert from the virtual Midwest Clinic today. Expanded to drum corps, this would be a really cool opener or closer.

For reference, here's the original:

• 3 weeks later...

It's been awhile DCP 😅

Watched The Umbrellas of Cherbourg on Christmas for the first time......good lord Michel Legrand.  How has I Will Wait for You only been used twice???  Totally forgot BD used it in 2008. 

Would LOVE to heart that used again, broke my heart at the end of that movie.  Incredible score, been awhile since one has hit me like a freight train like that.  The way that theme evolves from happy and youthful to melancholy and bittersweet at the end is just.....wow.  Favorite movie I've seen in awhile.  

Anyways, I want to hear that on the field again.  

• Like 3