The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

9 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

It's been awhile DCP 😅

Watched The Umbrellas of Cherbourg on Christmas for the first time......good lord Michel Legrand.  How has I Will Wait for You only been used twice???  Totally forgot BD used it in 2008. 

Would LOVE to heart that used again, broke my heart at the end of that movie.  Incredible score, been awhile since one has hit me like a freight train like that.  The way that theme evolves from happy and youthful to melancholy and bittersweet at the end is just.....wow.  Favorite movie I've seen in awhile.  

Anyways, I want to hear that on the field again.  

I’m so glad you discovered this film. The film The Summer of ‘42 also has a good soundtrack by Legrand. 

27th Lancers did a Legrand tune from the movie Yentl in 1984 that I really liked. It’s on the tube if you want to take trip in the way back machine. 
Hope you’re doing well. It’s been a while.

Edited by Brian Tuma

On 1/5/2021 at 6:14 PM, corps8294 said:

Nickelback. 

Gross.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2020 at 8:26 PM, 84BDsop said:

This is the track from Tony Stark's funeral scene...that soaring French horn gets me every single time.

Maybe not as a show piece, but as a warmup....BD or Crown are the obvious choices.

Nice. 

Silvestri is so good at tugging on those heartstrings. 

Reminds me a little of his Cast Away theme crossed with the stuff from The Abyss that Crown did.  

My annual demand...er...request for Phantom Regiment to perform Janacek's "Sinfonietta". 

Been asking for them to play it since before DCP even started...and they have been ignoring me since before DCP even started.    😎

Especially movement II for a ballad, Movement III [final] as a closer. The ending reminds me very much of Michael Kamen's music used by PR 2010 Into the Light.  Michael Kurth is a bass player and composer in residence for ATL Symphony, teaches at Emory University in ATL