The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

anything by Joseph Schwantner

The Winds of Nagual by Michael Colgrass

Slalom by Carter Pann

Concerto for Soprano Saxophone by John Mackey

Ballet for Orchestra / Ballet for Band by Cindy Mctee

Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral by Wagner

Blue devils should do a show of Stan Getz/Bob Brookmeyer's - minuet circa 61 and then Stan Getz/ Charlie Byrd's - Desafinado

Spirit should do a Spiritualized show with Won't get to heave (the state I'm in) / she kissed me (it felt like a hit) / Shine a light

more later

i've wanted to do this topic for awhile but never really got around to it. thanks lance!

anyway, i've always wanted to hear phantom regiment do "hotel california." can you imagine what that would sound like with phantom's deeper, darker brass sound??

:thumbup:

I have always had a facination with a composition by Dave Brubeck called "Elementals".

It was the entire 2nd side of an album of the same name, from the 50's (I think) I heard it while I was in the Army, but have never found the album or tape in circulation.

It was listed as one of the first compositions involving jazz with a full orchestra..primarily featured the Quartet of course..Had 1 or 2 primary themes always popped up during the piece, with some very interesting time and meter changes. I'd like to see either Bluecoats or BD in the driver's seat with this one.

Anyone else heard this piece? Just askin'

Pat

:thumbup:

I have always had a facination with a composition by Dave Brubeck called "Elementals".

It was the entire 2nd side of an album of the same name, from the 50's (I think) I heard it while I was in the Army, but have never found the album or tape in circulation.

It was listed as one of the first compositions involving jazz with a full orchestra..primarily featured the Quartet of course..Had 1 or 2 primary themes always popped up during the piece, with some very interesting time and meter changes. I'd like to see either Bluecoats or BD in the driver's seat with this one.

Anyone else heard this piece? Just askin'

Pat

Is this it? Check disk 4 on the "For All Time" collection below...

http://www.amazon.com/All-Time-Dave-Brubec...ks_all_4#disc_4

Every time that I hear Rush's 'Natural Science', I always would like to hear a corp do it. It's more than likely outdated by today's standards but I still think it would sound great.

• Like 1

Is this it? Check disk 4 on the "For All Time" collection below...

http://www.amazon.com/All-Time-Dave-Brubec...ks_all_4#disc_4

Columbia Legacy did issue the original album, Time Changes, on CD for some time. You can find it new, for a pretty penny. Ultimately, the For All Time box set is a much better deal.

Edited by mingusmonk

I know we've had lots of these before, but I don't want to dig them back up. I'm hoping that people will put up pieces that have never-or at least, rarely-been done. Any genre is fine, and feel free to say which corps would fit best with the piece. My list, which I'll probably update from time to time:

Wind Ensemble/Brass Ensemble pieces

Baron Cemetiere’s March (thanks to Nikk for commissioning this one)—Donald Grantham

Actually, Lance, it is Baron Cimetiere's Mambo. And don't thank me, thank Don. I just threw a lot of money at him to entice him to write something for us. :thumbup: