The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

• 3 weeks later...

Dürrenhorn Passage 

Composer - Kevin McKee

I hadn't heard it until today, but I think this Trumpet Ensemble piece would be great. 

About the piece:

Dürrenhorn Passage was commissioned by Dr. James Zingara and Troy University trumpet ensemble.  The work was premiered at the 2009 ITG Conference in Harrisburg, PA.  The piece depicts flight through an epic alpine landscape.

Just now, DCI-DadJokes said:

Dürrenhorn Passage 

Composer - Kevin McKee

I hadn't heard it until today, but I think this Trumpet Ensemble piece would be great. 

About the piece:

Dürrenhorn Passage was commissioned by Dr. James Zingara and Troy University trumpet ensemble.  The work was premiered at the 2009 ITG Conference in Harrisburg, PA.  The piece depicts flight through an epic alpine landscape.

https://youtu.be/pRCGPrDbZZA

Ok, so literally ANYTHING by Kevin McKee. What a cool young composer. Vuelta del Fuego just screams Scouts return to Hot Latin fun. Composed from brass ensembles, this guy should be a arranger / composer for a Drum Corps NOW!!! I just love the sound and fun in his works. 

On 2/19/2019 at 8:38 AM, lameisrob said:

The Cavaliers opened 1987 with Claude T. Smith''s "Festival Variations," one of the rare performances of his composition ever recorded.   

I've always thought Smith's "Gala XXV" would work.

Or "Variations on a Theme of Robert Schuman" by Robert Jager

Was introduced to the song "Lonely Lullaby" by Owl City earlier today. Many of us already know his song "Fireflies," but this would be equally suited as a fantastic ballad if arranged well.

(P.S. Adam Young's voice can sound a bit goofy at times - just pretend that it's a baritone solo.)

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

• 5 weeks later...

The soundtrack to the 1955 classic"Bad Day At Black Rock"..this has so many beautiful and challenging passages ..great movie also..Spencer Tracy as a handicapped WW2 Vet

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Jersey Surf:

Please give us a Miami show, using music of Barry Manilow (Copacabana), KC & the Sunshine Band, Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine, Jan Hammer (Miami Vice theme), and the Buena Vista Social Club.

Thank you.