The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

But I think Yosemite Autumn by Mark Camphouse would be a great corps piece.

I got the opportunity to play that piece under Mark Camphouse a few months ago. What a great piece! It's always great getting to play a piece under the baton of the original composer. I think it would be great on the field, especially the middle "horse ride" section.

American Overture by Joseph Wilcox Jenkins would be a phenomenal way to go....I imagine the Cadets could pull it off.

As well as Phantom did in 1975?

As well as Phantom did in 1975?

I love what Phantom did with this, as well as Trooper's rendition in 1989. It's time for this piece to come back, Cadets could definitely pull it off.

i say we should take ourselves a little less seriously...

Radiohead - "Nude" --

Sigur Ros - "Glosoli" --

Fall Out Boy - "Thriller" (yes, i'm being completely serious. 45 seconds of this would be a really fun way to open a show, especially if the horn line was LOUD.) --

David Bowie - "Life on Mars" --

Say Anything -- "Alive With the Glory of Love" (the back half of this tune is a gas... the accelerando is great.) --

The Killers - "Exitlude" (this would be a great way to end an encore... WITH the singing.) --

I'd like to add Vaughan Williams's Piano Concerto in C.

And I concur wholeheartedly with what others have said about Bruckner 8. I'll take Phantom doing any movement from it, though I'd prefer them doing the scherzo and/or the finale.

• Like 1

I got the opportunity to play that piece under Mark Camphouse a few months ago. What a great piece! It's always great getting to play a piece under the baton of the original composer. I think it would be great on the field, especially the middle "horse ride" section.

I did too actually. lol

It's really amazing how interactive he was able to get without the score.

He's really a brilliant conductor.

Just out of curiosity, where did you play it?

Appalachian Spring...Red Pony...West Side Story...Battle Hymn of the Republic...Malaguena...Conquest...Georgia...

Call me a geezer...

• Like 1

sleep by eric whitacre.

Didn't the Cascades play it this year?