The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Though a portion of this was done once (by Les Stentors in 1999 - thank goodness for corpsreps.com!!) this is a great piece that would be nice to hear on the field. It has a ballad portion in the middle and some nice brass moments near the end (horn rips at 8:35 scream JD Shaw).

Edited by scvphan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, palmettomello said:

One of the most fun pieces I ever played in wind ensemble (when it's played at this tempo).

One of the most regal pieces of wind literature I've ever heard (and played). Could see a corps using this as an intro or a closing tag.

Hi. When you post please include the composer and orchestra. Often I'll click and see below. If you write the details, I then can search. Thank you. No worries. I visit but rarely post.

2017-03-07-dcp_zps1acz18pi.png

Can you hear this as a fluegel or mello solo/duet backed by front ensemble, lower battery and contras/tubas as a pre-show or a transition piece more than an ensemble ballad? I think it has possibilities for more than those who would stereotype it to Pioneer (no slight to them at all.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8TjwimpnDo

If you don't understand the irish Gaelic, ask "The Wink" to translate it for you while on his trips between Bloo and Blue Knights. I promise no pot of gold if you catch him, ha.

Edited by xandandl

On 3/9/2017 at 3:28 PM, scvphan said:

Though a portion of this was done once (by Les Stentors in 1999 - thank goodness for corpsreps.com!!) this is a great piece that would be nice to hear on the field. It has a ballad portion in the middle and some nice brass moments near the end (horn rips at 8:35 scream JD Shaw).

Thanks for posting this.  Nice piece and I agree with you that it has lots of sections that would shine with a good corps.

• Like 1