The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

50 minutes ago, Eleran said:

With the Cadets' announcement of Bernstein's Mass, it reminded me that I think a corps could extract much material from the mostly overlooked Requiem, by Andrew Lloyd Webber 

(tip of the hat to SkyRyder_FMM who also mentioned it back in 2011)

Totally agree!

Corpsband brought it up, I won't rest in my grave until someone in DCI does a Kill Bill inspired show.  

Owasso high school did one last year and I lost it.  I thought it was going to be a cliche wedding show but then the groom got stabbed and I saw the yellow...and yeah.  Commence freakout.  I nominate Phantom Regiment.  Phantomettes dressed up as THE BRIDE, blood EVERYWHERE?!  It'd be so fresh!  And awesome!  

7 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Corpsband brought it up, I won't rest in my grave until someone in DCI does a Kill Bill inspired show.  

Owasso high school did one last year and I lost it.  I thought it was going to be a cliche wedding show but then the groom got stabbed and I saw the yellow...and yeah.  Commence freakout.  I nominate Phantom Regiment.  Phantomettes dressed up as THE BRIDE, blood EVERYWHERE?!  It'd be so fresh!  And awesome!  

I'm partial to Cher's version.

10 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Didn't Cadets do a piece from Kill Bill about a dozen years ago?

Yes, Twisted Nerve in 2005 and...

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, corpsband said:

1. The opening definitely sounds like something Crown might do for an encore piece, reminiscent of parts of several of their past productions.

2. The Gregorian chant part would be typical of a Klesch/Harloff exercise for tone control, breath control, and timbre all at the same time.

3.  Will cornets become the next "new" instrument for DCI brass lines after the trombones, concert French horns, Eb piccolo trumpets, and sousaphones?

5 hours ago, Lance said:

The Kill Bill whistling thing is actually a Herrmann piece.

I always thought it would've worked great in BD's '00 show.

Yup. Here is the original:

And I expect that was inspired by Peter Lorre whistling "Hall of the Mountain King" in M (1931).

Edited by N.E. Brigand