The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Phenomenal soundtrack overall by Jacob Shea and Jasha Klebe under the guidance of the amazing Hans Zimmer. 

This track in particular really drew me in. I know the whole "save the earth" thing has been done a lot but I think this would make for a great ballad. 

42 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Phenomenal soundtrack overall by Jacob Shea and Jasha Klebe under the guidance of the amazing Hans Zimmer. 

This track in particular really drew me in. I know the whole "save the earth" thing has been done a lot but I think this would make for a great ballad. 

Songs for Planet Earth Part IV. You can do this Crossmen.

I'm going to be real counter-cultural here (and don't mean to be controversial), but someone has got to do this song.  Even if you come from a different faith tradition....I think "In Christ Alone" would be an amazing ballad. Just as a piece of music I think it can be appreciated.

Edited by chris7997

7 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

I'm going to be real counter-cultural here (and don't mean to be controversial), but someone has got to do this song.  Even if you come from a different faith tradition....I think "In Christ Alone" would be an amazing ballad. Just a piece of music I think it can be appreciated.

The lyricism of the melody is inviting and hummable. In a much shortened version I imagine it as a transition piece as the ensemble moves backfield before pushing forward with a different piece of music at a different tempo and psychological dynamic. 

During the final key change, I can just imagine the majesty and magic .... the guard and flags going crazy.  

After hearing the Bluecoats pull off Great Gig In The Sky, I'd love to hear some other rock music from that era be played. I got "Faithfully" by Journey in mind...

After hearing about the Cadets' approval of Bernstein's Mass for the field this year, I was wondering if there were any other Bernstein pieces that may work on the field under the estate's recently-adopted guidelines. Thankfully, I found one that hasn't been played on the field too often! This would be absolutely perfect for a corps like The Academy.

4 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

After hearing about the Cadets' approval of Bernstein's Mass for the field this year, I was wondering if there were any other Bernstein pieces that may work on the field under the estate's recently-adopted guidelines. Thankfully, I found one that hasn't been played on the field too often! This would be absolutely perfect for a corps like The Academy.

That's a nice choice, last performed in DCI in '82 at Santa Clara.  It's been a while.  

• Like 1