The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Crown + Bartók? or PR + Bartók?

49 minutes ago, Lance said:

i was overjoyed when i found out the cadet were doing it....and then they used it very badly. 

just very, very badly. 

I’ve seen high school marching bands use that piece in a better way than the Cadets did that year.

On the contrary, I loved when SCV used the Bartok piece back in 2000.

I imagine this as a transition piece in a show, an encore piece, or a lot piece probably as a warm-down post-show. Hypnotic, hauntingly  soothing, calming from old slave hymn.

Down in the River to Pray

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

I imagine this as a transition piece in a show, an encore piece, or a lot piece probably as a warm-down post-show. Hypnotic, hauntingly  soothing, calming from old slave hymn.

Down in the River to Pray

SOA’s preshow/opener in 2014.  I think it’s an underappreciated show (at least from a musical standpoint).

6 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

SOA’s preshow/opener in 2014.  I think it’s an underappreciated show (at least from a musical standpoint).

Thanks for reminding us.

I was going to suggest it as a pre-show but found the mood too subtle and now will have to go back t o experience the 2014 Spirit show since I did not remember this.

If the piece were a pre-show/opener for  a 2017/18 show with all the corps doing DCI sing-a-longs, it would probably come out like this:

u://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSif77IVQdY

Edited by xandandl

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

which Cadets did for an encore piece in 2011 and a few seasons either side if I recall. (tape begins after Front Ensemble plays I've Got A Feeling.

Edited by xandandl

On 10/6/2017 at 11:03 AM, Musicman1084 said:

Finally, after well over a year, someone agrees. :)

I can't wait for his new single, Mystery of Love, to come out.  It's been featured in a trailer for an upcoming indie flick and I just can't get enough.

Illinoise was suggested for Cavies like 10 years ago in this thread, many were into it and now with these 2 votes, they must do it